• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Korean Prostitute's calling card (anyone know Korean)? - threadomanced

I've often wonderd why Hollywood almost never talks about the Korean War.

Well, there is MASH.

I agree with the comment that it's overshadowed by WWII (same equipment, from M1's and BAR's to amphibious landings and P-51 Mustangs) and Vietnam (also Asia, North v. South, campaign of the Cold War).

buddhafrog

First Post
How about that, small world. I'm in Nam gu Dal dong "downtown" near Lotte Department store. Are you teaching? I've been teaching D&D to small classes. It's gone amazingly well.

buddhafrog

First Post
PLEASE ~ we need to get a game together! I haven't played in a game since the 80's. I've picked up the hobby again as a DM to teach ESL to kids here - it's been AWESOME... but I'd *love* to play in a game. I've posted here in the games wanted sections but not replies. But thanks to potential-Korean-prostitute-callingcards, there might be a game brewing.

Hussar

Legend
Sorry, not living in Korea anymore. Was teaching in Taejon some years back. But, yeah, using gaming for ESL is fantastic. My lot are a bit young for D&D, but the Heroes of Hesiod game worked great. They've been begging to play it again.

Plus my monthly boardgaming night with my adult class has worked great too. We've just started playing Endevor after giving Cataan a thorough go through. Schweet. Whodathunk my geekdom would work in a classroom. :D

3catcircus

Adventurer
How about that, small world. I'm in Nam gu Dal dong "downtown" near Lotte Department store. Are you teaching? I've been teaching D&D to small classes. It's gone amazingly well.

Not sure if you were referring to Hussar or me...

I know exactly where you are describing - we make the trip out of "the boonies" of Dong gu to get across town quite frequently. That is the problem with being in Dong gu - other than making the drive down the Asanno (and fighting rush-hour traffic in front of the MIPO yard while doing so...), it is very isolated. We're actually living in the Bangeojin Hyundai Foreigner's Apartments (New Foreigner's Apartments), but I've yet to find other D&D players.

I am an engineer working on a project with HHI - my wife is a elementary school teacher back home, but the limited amount of time we are here (and that she only has a Dependent's visa) pretty much prevented her from trying to find a job teaching English.

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
I'm on it! If only b/c I am in Korea and this finally makes me feel as if my time here, after a decade, *now* has a meaning. See, I just knew I was meant to come here. I Will update Sunday. Stay tuned for the breaking news.
Eagerly awaiting your report, buddhafrog.

buddhafrog

First Post
interesting - my son goes to HHI school and his best friend lives in your apartment complex. Interesting. Let's communicate via message here and see if it's feasible to run a game or even encounter. Either way, maybe we can get together for a drink or the like. Small world....

buddhafrog

First Post
UPDATE - BREAKING NEWS:

OK, not too breaking. Alas, the number no longer exists. Probably has gone out of business. However, my wife (naturalized Korean-American) suggests that the place might have been closed for illegal activities. To her, she thinks this place is more than just a massage parlor. The picture on the front was enough for her, but add the 24 hours and she's sure.

A couple more notes from the card: it suggests the place has hot and cold baths and some sort of Chinese medicines (probably herbal baths), which is all pretty standard. But advertising massages, which are always available and very public/non-sexual in public baths, is very dodgey. I'm still hesitant b/c the male/female masseuses available. Last note, the part of Seoul this was located in is also a little seedy according to my wife.

As for D&D, if the calling card found was particularly enticing, it might be interesting to have the business out of business, maybe replaced by a front company which can initially better judge the potential customers.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads