• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A lament for the lost Irony Games site.

Random Axe

Explorer
As may have been noticed recently, the Irony Games Webtools site has been down (reportedly for at least a couple of weeks by now).

I tried sending an email to the webmaster, and it has come back as undeliverable.

So allow me a virtual shout-out

HEY!

to the Irony Games people:

COME BACK!

TheAuldGrump

First Post
Random Axe said:
As may have been noticed recently, the Irony Games Webtools site has been down (reportedly for at least a couple of weeks by now).

I tried sending an email to the webmaster, and it has come back as undeliverable.

So allow me a virtual shout-out

HEY!

to the Irony Games people:

COME BACK!
Hmmm, the front page isn't for Irony Games anymore, and going by the articles hasn't been since '06.

This is a bummer, though I hadn't been there in a while.

The Auld Grump

McDeath

Explorer
Old news but what I miss most about the site was the maps they had stored.

Arhived IG's Map Utilities

Sure with internet archive I can pull up the pages, but the cgi maps that were stored are not there. It would have been nice if those were stored somewhere. I only wish all those years I had the time to print off all the maps on a laser printer. Makes me sad it does.

SiderisAnon

First Post
Old news but what I miss most about the site was the maps they had stored.

Sure with internet archive I can pull up the pages, but the cgi maps that were stored are not there. It would have been nice if those were stored somewhere. I only wish all those years I had the time to print off all the maps on a laser printer. Makes me sad it does.

Are you referring to the basic maps they had there? As I remember, most of them were listed as generators, but really only had 100 or so actual maps.

Digging through my old stored stuff, I found that I actually have a bunch of their maps stored. I have 101 Caverns, Cities, Dungeons, Islands, Villages, and 3D Villages, as well as 200 Terrains. I also have 1001 Tavern maps saved. (I have no idea why... must have got a bit obsessive with collecting for game prep at some point.)

I wonder if there's some way to post those up with the archived Irony Games site? The resolution isn't very high, maybe 500x500 pixel GIF files, so the whole collection is less than 30 meg.

Janx

Hero
iRoNY Games was one of the first gaming utilities sites in the early days of the web. I used them for my 2e games.

As I recall, the name iRoNY had something to do with the owner's handle on HAM radio.

I suppose somebody in the know might be able to track him down in NY which is where part of the name came from.

I got the sense the owner wrote a bunch of scripts. Tried to tie in book sales (like to amazon), and kind of left the site up forever, until it got taken down.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads