A Letter

A letter is found on the bar and the golem in the course of the day attaches it to the corkboard. It had been folded and sealed but is also crumpled and creased, with the irregular ring marks of dried water spots and a smear of some sort of dirt along one side as if once clenched in an unclean hand. The address is "To The CrossRoads Tavern, Ford Keep. Please, to be posted among the notices." The hand uses an elegant, cultured style of lettering, but the effect is ruined by the careless unevenness of the lines and the numerous cross-outs.

To Sir Nicholaus Dennoncourt,

I should have said something before leaving #### so many days ago. You were ##### of great help and it was ##### rude of me to leave abruptly, without notice. It's just that ##### I had stayed in one place too long and it won't happen again. But I'm well and safe and about to travel on, so I wanted to let you know all that.

I don't know how long this will take to get up there. The Devora says it will stop at Ford Keep but I might try ###### a smaller boat. That might be slower but more sure. But I'm leaving today so don't try to find me. I will be fine. Thank you for everything.

- Danielle du Pris

Should anyone check at the docks, they will find out that the Devora stopped briefly the previous day and then continued on for Greyhawk City, and had started its journey in Hardby.

Remove ads