• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A little help with awakening a skeleton

ThorneMD

First Post
Okay, so here is the scenerio. In one of my games, I have a character who has a skeleton walking around with them and soon will be awakened (as per the Librus Mortis spell).

The skeleton in question is under the effects of (All should be from Librus Mortis):
Corpse Crafter: +4 Str, +2 HP per HD
Bolster Resistance: +4 Turn Resistance
Nimble Bones: +4 Initiative, +10 ft.
Augment Undead: +1 HP per HD/3 caster levels

What happens once he is awakened. Does he lose all these abilites? Do these abilites stack with the awakening? I have no clue and DM is at a loss as well. I was told to ask the great minds here at EN World for some sort of opinion on the matter.

So if anyone can help us out it would be greatly appreciated.

kreynolds

First Post
I can't think of why any of these benefits would be lost after being affected by awaken undead, at least not by a reading of the Corpsecrafter feat and Awaken Undead spell.

ThorneMD

First Post
Thanks for the quick replies guys. Now I have a follow-up question. What happens when a awakened skeleton dies? Can they be raised? Do they have to be awakened again?

kreynolds

First Post
ThorneMD said:
What happens when a awakened skeleton dies? Can they be raised? Do they have to be awakened again?

I believe the same conditions apply, since they are still an undead creature.

Not affected by raise dead and reincarnate spells or abilities. Resurrection and true resurrection can affect undead creatures. These spells turn undead creatures back into the living creatures they were before becoming undead.

So, you could cast resurrection, fireball the living person back to death, make them a skeleton, then awaken them again, but that's harsh. :D

Remove ads