• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A little help with the cost of a MG item

Beholder Bob

First Post
My wife is DMing me (Yea-ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Now, I have many more years experience then she - and she asks my opinion on matters, which has led me to feel potentially guilty. You see, I started off with a 3rd lv character and asked for a magic item that cast a 1st level spell 1/day, and have since boosted it to 5/day (paid local spell hacks to do it). So, by my initial book keeping, I've got a 2000 gp item (well, 1800). It casts lesser vigor at 1st.

Did I take adavantage of her. 5/day equals 55 HP healed each day. I'm now 6th level.

We play many solo games, occasional 3-4 player games, so this thing has kept me alive. But should it have cost more/counted as more of my share of treasure?

B:eek:B

Ridley's Cohort

First Post
It is a rather highly optimal item insofar as it would allow a solo adventurer staying power over the course of the day without resorting to a Wand of CLW, but it is not really abusive.

Lesser Vigor yields twice as much healing on average as CLW per "charge", but it is almost always markedly inferior in the heat of combat.

Remove ads