• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A little informal sci-fi/setting setting poll...

Which of the following d20 based systems should I use?

• d20 Modern/Future (since it has everything one need)

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Mutants and Masterminds (since it's streamlined and extremely customizable)

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • StarWars: Saga (since it has most of the things one needs and is simplified)

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • True20 (since it is streamlined, simplified, and somewhat customizable)

Votes: 1 7.7%

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
For those who dislike hit points,

If you played in an game which uses the wounds/vitality system, what are your thoughts on how well the wounds/vitality system fits in a modern/sci-fi game? Assume that "powers/magic" are not tied into the system like they were in Star Wars RPG/Revised RPG.

Rhun

First Post
If you played in an game which uses the wounds/vitality system, what are your thoughts on how well the wounds/vitality system fits in a modern/sci-fi game? Assume that "powers/magic" are not tied into the system like they were in Star Wars RPG/Revised RPG.

I've used wounds/vitality only in a Star Wars Revised RPG game, and I like the way it works. The only thing I didn't like was that using Jedi skills used up Vitality. It seemed wrong, since you rarely ever saw a Jedi getting winded from using his powers in a combat situation.

Remove ads