• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Little Night Music

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Ferus looked around in a slight panic, then was bumped by someone . . .

"My pardon, sir. Please be careful, you could hurt someone," Ferus said to the stranger on passing, trying to sense if the bump was anything more than a scared patron.

Ferus tried to make out what was happening in the darkness. Ferus made his way to where he could see, trying to aid those in more need by protecting them from people pushing.

Ferus offered calming words to those around him, hoping to stave off a panic.

OOC: Diplomacy +8, Sense Motive +3

Shoggoth

First Post
Seamus stands up. "Looks like there's some room to move about," he says to Aston, nodding toward the people in their row who are heading toward the lobby.

"Let's head up to the stage. Maybe those canis we saw helping Mintwhistle can tell us what's going on. Plus," he says with a grin, "I promised my friend Lucan an autograph, and I imagine there's not much of a line right now."

Seamus makes his way toward the stage, looking for Mintwhistle's canis helpers and the great bard himself. And once I get that autograph, I'm outta here. I don't think I want to meet whoever left me that invitation.

OOC: Search +5, Spot +5. If Aston wants to do something different, Seamus will go anyway and tell his friend he'll catch up with him later. If Seamus finds the canis in black, he'll ask them what's going on. If he finds Mintwhistle, he'll ask for an autograph. If he reaches the stage and finds no one, he will examine the strange instrument.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Quintus keeps an eye open for the first Bluecoat that he spots, intending to give him a report of what has transpired (as far as Quintus has discerned).

johnsemlak

First Post
TO DM: What can Roland see or hear from either direction?, taking his spot and listen skills into account

Last edited:

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
"There's plaques on th' walls." Traubon says, heading for one of them. "Can't read 'em, though... written in elven script. Either a you sunwalkers read it?"

Jarval

Explorer
"Well, a chance to meet the great Mintwhistle isn't to be turned down, I suppose..." Aston follows after Seamus, making his way onto the stage.

Old Fezziwig

Well, that was a real trip for biscuits.
Thaern: Even in the darkness, you manage follow the two men and the dwarf out of the hall and up the stairs, where they appear to have reached an impasse. You hear the dwarf say, "Can't read 'em, though... written in elven script. Either a you sunwalkers read it?" None of them have noticed you as of yet.

Ferus: You have no idea if what the patron's mood was [Sense Motive +3]. In any case, he's moved on now. You can't get to a point where you can see much better than a few feet in front of you, but you do manage to settle down a group of people enough that they stop pushing and begin to slowly move towards the exit [Diplomacy +8, roll of 19 on d20, total 27, success]. A person somewhere off to your left continues to call for a priest.

Quintus: You think you can hear Bluecoats back near the main exit to the lobby. Following the crowd, you eventually make your way there. Surely enough, a pair of Bluecoats, fully armed, stands in the doorway slowing people down. Although you can't see very well in the dark, they look distinctly perturbed. The gold braid and bars on the collar of one of them marks him as an officer. So far you can't seem to get his attention--there's just too many people. Having little to no choice in the matter, you aid them in their work, hurrying the crowd out of the concert hall in a quick and orderly fashion. When you've all finished, the officer turns to you, exasperated. "I suppose you want some sort of commendation for helping us. Very well, thank you most kindly." He turns back to his compatriot and starts to give some more orders. When he notices you haven't left, he sighs and asks, "May I help you?"

OOC for Uriel: I'm assuming that your outfit is civilian wear; please correct me if I'm wrong.

Roland: It's dark enough to cause problems for you as far as seeing things is concerned, but you can hear a lot of commotion straight ahead of you, including what you assume to be a group of people speaking in an upper-class dialect of Elf [Listen +5]; to the right, you hear nothing but the low hum of the masses exiting the balcony.

Seamus, Aston: You fight your way forward to the front of the crowd and hop up onto the stage. As compared to the main floor, the stage is deserted, dead, save for the deafening din of the pipe organ music. No canis are in sight [Seamus: Search +3, Spot +3]. Mintwhistle sits calmly at the organ, his back to you as the music thunders on. He either doesn't hear you ask for his autograph or he doesn't care that you asked.

Shoggoth

First Post
Seamus looks at Aston and yells over the hideous music. "I'm no music critic, but this has got to stop!"

He then walks around the strange instrument, looking for a way to turn it off.

OOC: Disable Device +5.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Having calmed some of the people around him, Ferus finally recognized the call for assistance nearby. Ferus made his way to the sound of the voice - directing others toward the exit in a calming manner. He only hoped that his great aunt was being treated at least as well as he was trying to treat the others in his quest to help where he may.

"On the way," Ferus called out, letting them know help was coming.

Remove ads