• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A little too familiar between friends

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
Piratecat said:
I'm reminded of the Monty Python sketch involving Arthur "Two Sheds" Jackson.
Get your own Arts programme, you fairy! :D

My stewardesses are always giving me back rubs and calling me "Sweetie".

Er, no, wait. That's "My stewardesses NEVER give me back rubs or call me 'Sweetie'." Sorry about that.

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
I'm sorry, I've made a solemn vow to my group never to introduce them to a 'gamer friend.' They have full capability to perform their arcane rites of womanly witchcraft on you if you do come, and I've seen great men crack beneath their stillettos before....

Eye of newt? Wing of Bat? Something more....reproductive?

I wouldn't subject my friends to that, mate. ;)

Darklone

Long hair... know that, been there. I was in the kitchen/coffee corner at work and one of our Indian co-workers walked by... saw me from behind and wondered who the "girl" was. Then I turned around, pointed at me,laughed and told his roommate: "I just thought he was a girl!". The roommate replied: "Gawd, you must have ugly girls in India."

Djeta Thernadier

First Post
Darklone said:
Long hair... know that, been there. I was in the kitchen/coffee corner at work and one of our Indian co-workers walked by... saw me from behind and wondered who the "girl" was. Then I turned around, pointed at me,laughed and told his roommate: "I just thought he was a girl!". The roommate replied: "Gawd, you must have ugly girls in India."

:lol: :lol: :lol: I have seen male friends with not so great eyesight gaze longingly across a room at some long haired woman, who in fact turned out to be a guy with long hair. :lol: :lol: :lol: It's always amusing...

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Djeta Thernadier said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: I have seen male friends with not so great eyesight gaze longingly across a room at some long haired woman, who in fact turned out to be a guy with long hair. :lol: :lol: :lol: It's always amusing...

Back in the day, I sported some lengthy locks. And I must say that I had some great looking hair (this was before it started turning grey). Dark brown, thick and wavy, I got lots of compliments on it.

On more than one occasion I can recall driving down the highway and having another car begin to pass me and start slowing down a bit. I could tell that these were guys who were going to try and catch my eye (does anybody ever actually pick up a date on a highway?!). There are few looks of disappointment as profound as a guy making the rapid transition from "How YOU doin'?" to "Dude...that's a dude!"

They always sped back up after that.

Pyske

Explorer
I had an experience vaguely similar to Silver Moon's, in that I walked up behind a woman I thought was my girlfriend, and was just about to kiss her on the back of the neck, when I realized that she was the wrong person. Fortunately, I was forgiven because the look of horror on my face as my brain kicked in was so funny it kept the group laughing for a good 15 minutes. (Good thing, too, as my girlfriend also knew that I had a crush on this person. Ding-danged ol' subconscious, I tell you what.)

As for the long hair stories, I traumatized a flight attendant at one point. I had my head down reading a book, and he came up and leaned over me and asked me "What would you like to drink, ma'am?" When I looked up and he saw my facial hair, he literally leapt back 3 rows of seats. His expression was priceless.

. . . . . . . -- Eric

Darklone

Humpf. Well at least I look male enough to be confused with an ugly woman :D

Gotta work more on my shoulders again... laziness and work...

diaglo

Adventurer
Rel said:
(does anybody ever actually pick up a date on a highway?!).

my wife's brother, my brother-in-law, met his wife of 20+ years that way. of course that was back in the late 70's and he was driving a Vette. they dated awhile before getting hitched.

he still sports long hair. ;)

Lord Ravinous

First Post
Rozman said:
Now you've got ME started!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously though, just ask your friends &/or their parents about this guy subtly (but subtle like the "T" instead of the "B"...) Nobody likes having a masher as a guest at their party.

Unless of course there's a pile of social factors I'm ignorant of and jgsugden's advice will work better.

Or just kick him in the junk and claim you mistook him for someone else when he touched you...

Kinda, he's friends, as far as I can tell with the dad. And I've jokingly brought it up to him, but he told me to not worry about it, "thats just John", then I said laughing "I didn't see him rubbing anyone elses back callin' em' darlin'"

Remove ads