• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A little trick I learned last night.

kennew142

First Post
beverson said:
I'm not so sure that's true. The rule specifies that AFTER a Charge, you are not allowed any further actions unless you spend an Action Point, meaning you can't Charge, then Move, or even use a Minor Action. This would imply that you can't do these things BEFORE the Charge either...but it would be great to get clarification from WotC.

I'm not sure how prohibiting further actions after a charge implies that they are prohibited before a charge as well. Just because all dragonborn females have boobies doesn't mean that all females with boobies are dragonborn.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
beverson said:
I'm not so sure that's true. The rule specifies that AFTER a Charge, you are not allowed any further actions unless you spend an Action Point, meaning you can't Charge, then Move, or even use a Minor Action. This would imply that you can't do these things BEFORE the Charge either...but it would be great to get clarification from WotC.

It doesn't imply that at all!

It simply says that you can't take other actions after a charge.

Thus the implication is very clear that you can take your other actions before a charge just fine (if they wanted to prohibit all actions then charge wouldn't have been a 'standard' action, it would have been something different and new, or they would have specified otherwise).

So for a long distance attack, a move then a charge is fine.

Cheers

Blackeagle

First Post
beverson said:

The reason to prohibit these things after a charge is to prevent people from charging, hitting the enemy, then using a move action or shift to move away. That reasoning doesn't apply to movement before a charge.

Corwin

Explorer
Speaking of which, something that just occurred to me...

Since you can't take any other actions after a charge, does that include the extra action garnered from an Action Point?

I would be inclined to think so.

Kzach

Banned
Banned
(Psi)SeveredHead said:
Can you combine a charge with an at-will? I thought you could...
No.

Essentially, everyone has the At-Will power, "Charge" which allows you to make a basic melee attack against someone within move distance at a +1 to hit.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads