A Lonely Path: a Shackled City Story Hour (the old version, see last post)

hbarsquared

Quantum Chronomancer
Okay, everyone, here's the plan. For nonchallenging encounters in the story, I will simply create a narrative that reads and flows most smoothly, and include brief OOC comments that describe some of my thoughts when it comes to the mechanics. (Whether a particular action was a bull rush, what spell might have been used, etc.) The narrative, as well as the OOC descriptions, will not be on a round-by-round basis.

For more epic battle scenes, I will make rolls for what seem to be climactic actions, and write the narrative to follow the rolls. Again, I will not write either the narrative or the OOC descriptions on a round-by-round basis, but I will include the rolls to any of the special actions taken.

I will keep fully updated character sheets of the protagonists in the adventure.

This will ease the amount of dice-rolling and preparation I will need to do for each scene, yet hopefully maintain the unique flavor of this story hour.

Finally, I plan on reposting this thread. After the loss of so much after the crash, I'm at a bit of a loss of where to pick up the story again. Many of the first few updates will remain unchanged. I will, however, rewrite the posts that include combat to streamline the overall style of the story hour.

That's the plan: let me know what you think. I'll start the new thread by the end of this week.

Last edited:

Richard Rawen

First Post
It all sounds fine to me . . .

jeremy_dnd said:

Finally, I plan on reposting this thread. After the loss of so much after the crash, I'm at a bit of a loss of where to pick up the story again. Many of the first few updates will remain unchanged. I will, however, rewrite the posts that include combat to streamline the overall style of the story hour.

That's the plan: let me know what you think. I'll start the new thread by the end of this week.

That seems like a bit of work, but if you post, we'll read :)

hbarsquared

Quantum Chronomancer

Thank you, everyone, for your interest and the nudges. I have been revising the story hour from the beginning in order to allow myself a small posting bumper for myself. I am up to the point where we left off, but I will only post a chumk at a time on a regular schedule.

The revised Lonely Path will be further steeped in the Mesopotamian Mythos, from place names, to legendary stories. Also, combat will be as I described previously and dungeon exploration will be glossed over somewhat.

I hope previous readers will enjoy this revised version, as well as jog their memories. And, of course, I will be doubly pleased if new readers find it engaging, as well. :)

Thank you everyone for your encouragement, and head on over to A Lonely Path: A Shackled City Story Hour! (version 1.5) ;)

Remove ads