• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Look At The D&D Acquisitions Inc. Book

D&D Beyond has a look at the upcoming Acquisitions, Inc. D&D sourcebook, scheduled for a June 18th release date.

D&D Beyond has a look at the upcoming Acquisitions, Inc. D&D sourcebook, scheduled for a June 18th release date.

book_aidnd05.jpg

Details include:
  • Authors: Shawn Merwin, Teos “Alphastream” Abadia, and Scott Fitzgerald Grey.
  • Archetypes: cartographer, decisionist, documancer, hoardsperson, loremonger, obviator, occultant, secretarian.
  • New race: Verdan.
  • A complete adventure.
  • Monster & NPC stat blocks.

doctheweasel

Explorer
I'm interested to see if it's tightly integrated within the Forgotten Realms, or if it has enough non-setting-specific information to support setting up a branch franchise in a different setting. One of the more recent live games focused on them traveling to Ravnica, and setting the seeds for some kind of business deal there if planar travel could accommodate it.

I was just wondering this same thing about Eberron.

castlewise

First Post
I figured it would have the occupations and faction mechanics, but the new race, monsters and adventure are all a nice surprise. Its certainly not light on content.

Wrathamon

Adventurer
I am torn on this book. probably my first skip. I'm not a fan of Penny Arcade and the Acquisitions Inc stuff to me is a bit gonzo for Forgotten Realms imo. I'm torn cause most of the books I've enjoyed. I felt the Swordcoast book just needed better playtesting.

epithet

Explorer
I was pleased to discover that the Ravnica book has a lot of content (most of it) that is useful in any setting, since I have no interest in the Ravnica setting at all. I'm wondering how useful this book will be to people who have no interest whatsoever in opening some kind of franchise of AI. I like the AI games, and the corporation aspect works well for that group and that format and that story. It is nothing I would use in my own game, but I'm somewhat intrigued by the possibility of using the content of this book for a thieves' guild, or an office of colonial government, or a college of magic, or some other organization that isn't ridiculous.

I

Immortal Sun

Probably gonna pass on this book since I'm not a fan of the source material (Unlike Ravnica, where I am a fan, but still haven't used the book), or at least wait till its out and browse it a little bit to see if theres anything that catches my eye.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
Even though I am a big fan of the Acq. Inc. PAX shows, I was going to pass on this because I didn't see how any of it would fit in any campaign I'm running. And it seemed over priced for a lonely fun read. But after learning that it comes with a mini-campaign adventure that takes characters from 1-6, maybe I will get it. I could see taking a break from my normal campaign and running a mini Acq Inc game. With the fluff, player and GM crunch, and a 1-6 adventure, the books is looking to be worth the price--especially once it is available on Amazon.com and DnD Beyond. It will be exclusive to the Penny Arcade Web site until the evening of 3/31. While I like to have the book as well as DnD Beyond, I may just get this on DnD Beyond to save money, esp. if I'm only going to use it to run the included adventure.

E

Elderbrain

I don't know what it is, but if it's got new material I can use in my game, I really don't care - NEW BOOK! :)

Remove ads

Remove ads