• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Spelljammer A Look At The Upcoming Spelljammer Boxed Set

Preview images of the upcoming Spelljammer boxed set have been appearing on sites across the web, so I've gathered some of them together here. These also include the hobby store 'special edition' with Hydro74 art.

Preview images of the upcoming Spelljammer boxed set have been appearing on sites across the web, so I've gathered some of them together here. These also include the hobby store 'special edition' with Hydro74 art.

sj-1.jpg

sj-2.jpg

sj-3.jpg
sj-4.jpg
sj-5.jpg
sj-6.jpg
sj-7.jpg
sj-8.jpg

R_J_K75

Legend
The Astral plane used to have colour pools which led to all the outer planes. As far as I know this is still a thing in 5e
Think that started with 3E, could be wrong, but I think you are right about 5E. Thought they were few and far between, hard to find and rather small, not sure a Spelljammer could fit through them. But again I could be wrong, and Im sure if thats an option they'll be detailed in this set.

colinbuckler

Explorer
My understanding is that you an travel from Realmspace to the Astral Sea and then from the Astral Sea to Greyspace for example. Crystal Spheres also no longer exist.

One thought I have - as Realmspace and Greyspace are no longer connected via the Material Plane, are these separate Material Planes?

One thought I have - as Realmspace and Greyspace are no longer connected via the Material Plane, are these separate Material Planes?
That was my thought as well. With the way things are set up in NuJammer, saying there's one Material Plane would be akin to saying there's one hole in a piece of swiss cheese.

Jer

Legend
Supporter
Think that started with 3E, could be wrong, but I think you are right about 5E.
1e, actually. Color pools were in the 1e Manual of the Planes but IIRC they were first talked about in a Dragon magazine article about the Astral Plane. There was even a table in the MotP with all of the Outer Planes and what specific color of pool led there.

Thought they were few and far between, hard to find and rather small,
Typically that's how they were described, but they could be as big as the DM needed them to be. 4e explicitly brought the idea of "color curtains" into being - color pools large enough for ships and giant creatures to pass through.

Remove ads

Remove ads