• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E A Malenti Build for a PC

Rorryn

First Post
I have a Player that is looking wanting to play a "Malenti" in my Skull and Shackles campaign. I of course think this is an awesome idea and tons of story ideas strolled through my head about this idea so I want to make sure it happens. Does any one have a good Malenti template made?

I don't want to resort to using an Elf template and using the alternate "Spirit of the waves" racial trait or using the Gillmen build. I am looking for a stand alone type build.

Even if you don't know of a full build, fee free to toss out some suggestions for anything that might make sense in the build or comment on my ideas below.

Some things I was thinking about was
+ Dex.
- Chr.
Darkvision
Swim Speed and/or bonus + swim
Speak w/ shark
Bloodfrenzy
+ N. Armor
+ hold breathe/waterbreathing
Language: Aquan
Light sensitivity
Water Dependency

Not planning on using all these, but just somethings I am considering.

Thanks for your imput.

~Dave

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Really surprised there are no suggestions.....

Was amazed how many people have asked for that over the years on different sites and that no one has put one together yet (saw one for 3.5 that had an ECL adjustment so wouldn't be good for PF).

I like your first pass above. I'd probably just take that to the Advanced Race Guide Rules and see what it points out to and how many of the special attacks you need to add or subtract (maybe a bonus to bluff when trying to pass as an aquatic elf? and its command ability too?).

Reading about it on all those other sites has me curious to see what you finally come up with!

was

Adventurer
Malenti: +2 Dex., +2 Int., -2 Cha.
Normal Speed: Malenti have a base speed of 30' on land. They also have a swim speed of 30', can move in water without making Swim checks, and always treat Swim as a class skill.
Darkvision: Malenti can see in the dark up to 60'.
Energy Resistance: Malenti have cold resistance 5.
Amphibious: Malenti are amphibious, but prefer not to spend long periods out of the water.
Keen Senses: Malenti receive a +2 racial bonus on Perception skill checks.
SPECIAL ABILITIES
Blood Frenzy (Ex): Once per day, a Malenti that takes damage in combat can fly into a frenzy in the following round. It gains +2 Constitution and +2 Strength, but takes a –2 penalty to its AC. The frenzy lasts as long as the battle or 1 minute, whichever is shorter.
Speak with Sharks (Su): A Malenti can communicate telepathically with sharks to a distance of 150'. Communication is limited to simple concepts, such as “come here,” “defend me,” or “attack this target.”
Weapon Familiarity: Malenti are proficient with tridents and crossbows.
Languages: Sahuagin and Aquan; speak with sharks. Malenti with a high Int. scores can choose from Aboleth, Aklo, Common, Draconic, Elven, Sahuagin, and Sylvan.

Something like this? Combined your thoughts with elf, sahuagin, undine and some merfolk

Remove ads