A Merc's Life: Howl of the Carrion King [02]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
The coin looks really pretty in the battered hand of Vardishal, but the statue does not move. Tsadok doesn't recall any more of the Saint than has already been recounted by the others.

Harnrey shrugs, removes the coin and places it back in its pouch.He steps aside as Tsadok walks up and forces the statue with brute force. He show a great amazement as the statue is able to be moved. smiling he says "Well done Lad!"

Last edited:

mleibrock

First Post
Tsadok

The strapping young man shrugs his shoulders, steps up to the statue and wraps his long arms around it. He grunts as he puts his weight into the effort, and the statue slowly pivots clockwise, revealing a flight of stairs leading down.

OOC - Are the stairs right under the statue? As in the statue was covering them but now is not?

Scotley

Hero
Keeland

"Very nicely done Tsadok. But before we venture into the depths, I believe there is still yet a chamber up here off the south hall we haven't explored. I would not like to leave some threat behind us..."

Scott DeWar

"Very nicely done Tsadok. But before we venture into the depths, I believe there is still yet a chamber up here off the south hall we haven't explored. I would not like to leave some threat behind us..."

"That would be wise."

Leif

Adventurer
Houwlou Groulenas

"I agree with Keeland. We should close off the staircase again, for now, since we have discovered the secret of it, and resume our exploration of the above-ground portion. (After all we don't want something else to creep down there, or, worse, creep OUT of there!) Ideallly, I would like to have a good bit of rest before we venture below, if that can possibly be arranged."

[sblock=stat block, Houwlou]
Houwlou Groulenas - Male Olcán Ranger 1, -3 con from the stirge fight
Initiative: +1, Perception: +8(+2 more smell/sound,+2 more vs. undead),
Code:
   HP: 27/27     AC: 17   AC(T): 11   AC(FF): 16
 Init: +01    ST(F):+05   ST(R):+04    ST(W):+04

BAB: 02       CMB: +5     CMD: 16

Weapon                  Attack    Damage      Critical     Special
Longsword (MW)*         +5        1d8+3       19-20/x2     +1 TH Gnolls
  Dagger*               +4        1d4+1       19-20/x2     +2 TH/Damage
Longsword (MW)          +3        1d8+3       19-20/x2        (Undead)
  Longsword             +2        1d8+1       19-20/x2     
Javelin                 +3        1d6+3          20/x2     

*+7 & +6 TH if using these alone in primary hand
[/sblock]

mleibrock

First Post
Tsadok

Tsadok gives little chuckle, shrugs his shoulders and moves the statue back to it's original position. "I think we should clear this level as well and I too would like to rest a bit before we continue, that big bug really did a number on me and I'm still having a tough time breathing."

[sblock=Stat Block]
Code:
   HP: 14/22     AC: 15   AC(T): 13   AC(FF): 12
 Init: +03    ST(F):+02   ST(R):+06    ST(W):+03

BAB: 01       CMB:+04     CMD: 17

Weapon                  Attack    Damage      Critical     Special
Sap (MW)                +6        1d6+3          20/x2     Non-Lethal
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
The party makes its way back down to the South Hallway, and soon finds itself standing outside the unopened door.

OOC: Any preparations before someone opens it up? Who's the hardy soul to try the door?

mleibrock

First Post
Tsadok

The party makes its way back down to the South Hallway, and soon finds itself standing outside the unopened door.

OOC: Any preparations before someone opens it up? Who's the hardy soul to try the door?

Tsadok will take a look around the area right next to the door for any possible traps.

OOC - Does the door open away from us?

Scott DeWar

" you know. THis stairway will allow us to aboid the mold on the stairway. Until we figure out a way to anethamatize the mold, we would do best to avoid it. I only wish we had a pugwumpi to toss in the mold and see what the results would be."

Remove ads