Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
ok, a serios question:

[from the pathfinder srd pdf page 560]
[sblock]
Ability Score Damage, Penalty, and Drain
Diseases, poisons, spells, and other abilities can all deal
damage directly to your ability scores.
***blah blah blah***

Constitution: Damage to your Constitution score causes you to take penalties on your Fortitude saving throws.

In addition, multiply your total Hit Dice by this penalty[/b]

and subtract that amount from your current and total hit points. Lost hit points are restored
[/sblock]

edit note: much edited for relevancy. i just hope Zi didn't remove the answer to my question!

the question per the emphasized line:
when it is talking about the penaly, is it saying that the oenalty is 1 point drain = i point penalty?
or
is it saying that if the effect of 1 point drain brings it to the next number back you take a penalty of 1 on ability effects?

ex for #2: going from 14 con to 13 con will cause a penalty of 1 on fort and hp, but going from 15 to 14 would have on effect as those numbers have the same +X bonus.

Question 2:
quote: Unless otherwise noted, damage to your ability scores is healed at the rate of 1 per day to each ability score that has been damaged.

does this mean that the over night rest just done would heal the one point of drain? or would this have to be comple whole day of rest?

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
I think you didn't read quite far enough. We're talking about two different conditions:

Ability Score Damage doesn't actually lower the ability score. It only applies a penalty to the skills and statistics that are based on that score. This penalty is -1 for every two points of Ability Score Damage. Ability Score Damage is healed at the rate of 1 point of Damage per day.

Ability Score Drain is much more serious. It actually reduces the affected ability score, affecting all relevant statistics. It can only be healed by magical means such as a Restoration spell. So Harnry's 1 point of Constitution Drain lowers his Constitution from 16 to 15, and it will stay that way until cured by a magical effect at least as strong as a Restoration spell.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Which not reading enough was what I was afraid i would do. drain - found the paragraph, and i see it only mentions restoration as the means to counter it. no way of rest. Am I reading that right?

Remove ads