• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A moment of Silence...

blackshirt5

First Post
For my beloved labrador, Murphy Q. Smith. My parents took her to the vet to be put to sleep; she had an immunodeficiency that wasn't getting any better and was in a lot of pain. Passed into the world of the dead at just after her 9th birthday. :( I'm gonna see if I can find a small enough picture to put it up on the boards.

Rest in Peace, Murph.

mythusmage

Banned
Banned
Sorry you lost a friend.

I've got a yellow lab mix 'nephew' getting on in years. A calm, steady presence in a household that can get a tad 'busy' at times. Chap's already taking arthritis medication (with peanut butter).

Remember, it's better to have sad memories than no memories at all.

blackshirt5

First Post
I agree on the memories, man;
I just wish the dog hadn't been so happy-looking about it, when my father pulled out the leash she got up all excited, looked like she didn't even realize that she was going off to die, happy, tail wagging...

Actually, I think that is how I'd prefer to remember her. :)

blackshirt5 said:
I agree on the memories, man;
I just wish the dog hadn't been so happy-looking about it, when my father pulled out the leash she got up all excited, looked like she didn't even realize that she was going off to die, happy, tail wagging...

I only hope that I have such grace when my time comes.

joe b.

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
If there is a dog heaven, it's filled with squirrels to chase, nice meaty bones to chew, and people who only stop throwing frisbees long enough to scratch doggie bellies.

Rest in peace, Murphy.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads