• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Money Back Guarantee with Kickstarter projects: Are you interested?

Fasckira

First Post
Interesting! See I see it as funding the project AND outright buying the completed item. In a retail store if you get the wrong item you can return it for you money back. Why wouldn't you want the same thing.

I would expect the same thing if I were in a retail store. As I say though, KS is not a retail store, its a site for idea development where you're "backing" someone to achieve something, not buying. I mean the clue is even there in its terminology - you're a backer.

Don't get me wrong, if I saw a KS project offer a refund option I'd likely think, "Thats kind of neat" but it wouldn't affect my choice in backing, I doubt I'd ever exercise it.

lmpjr007

Explorer
You ask a question, to gather opinions, and then argue with people over their answers? If you are not going to accept their answers, why do you ask?

When you try to disabuse folks of their own opinions, they do *not* walk away thinking the point was to get value from their thoughts on the matter. You might want to consider what the goal of asking actually was, and whether you represented that goal accurately at the start of the thread.
That is the great thing about opinions you can listen to them OR not. You can have your opinion and better still I can completely disagree with them even when I asked for them. And just because you don't know what the goal of the question is doesn't make the question and answer less or more valid.

Remove ads