• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A New Class I'm Making

Don Ventresca

First Post
Yeah so, I'm trying out a new class, I call the 'Explorer of the Wheel', that travels the Great Wheel, mapping the unknown, & rescuing people lost in the far corners of the Great Wheel. (A square wheel?) I know they'll be able to use spells like Dimension Door, & Cloud Walk, as spell-like-abilities. I'm not quite sure about proficientcies, but they'll be proficient with Heavy Armor, as for weapons I have no idea at all. (What weapons due explorers use?)

So I really need help, could someone give me some pointers?

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place ..

Khuxan

First Post
It sounds like you want a prestige class (I assume this is for 3.5). I would base the class off the assassin - since that class has a spell list and high skills like your explorer. Have you checked out the horizon walker? Maybe you should check out the Planar Handbook and Manual of the Planes for more ideas for classes.

Don Ventresca

First Post
It sounds like you want a prestige class (I assume this is for 3.5). I would base the class off the assassin - since that class has a spell list and high skills like your explorer. Have you checked out the horizon walker? Maybe you should check out the Planar Handbook and Manual of the Planes for more ideas for classes.

Hmm ... there definitely some similarities, I look into it (some more).

Don Ventresca

First Post
Explorer of the Wheel Spell Like Abilities

Explorer of the Wheel choose their spells from the following list:
1st Level

feather fall, jump.
2nd Level

alter self, darkness (maybe), invisibility, pass without trace, spider climb.
3rd Level

misdirection, nondetection.
4th Level

clairaudience/clairvoyance (maybe), dimension door, freedom of movement, greater invisibility, locate creature.

so this is what I have so far, ... I didn't realize there's not an edit button ... and now it showed up again ...

lmpjr007

Explorer
Yeah so, I'm trying out a new class, I call the 'Explorer of the Wheel', that travels the Great Wheel, mapping the unknown, & rescuing people lost in the far corners of the Great Wheel. (A square wheel?) I know they'll be able to use spells like Dimension Door, & Cloud Walk, as spell-like-abilities. I'm not quite sure about proficientcies, but they'll be proficient with Heavy Armor, as for weapons I have no idea at all. (What weapons due explorers use?)

So I really need help, could someone give me some pointers?
Why don't you check out the Prestige Class Cookbook it might have everything you have now or in the future for making Prestige Classes.

Remove ads