D&D 5E A New Frontier REDUX [Closed]

Jago

Explorer
Sorry for the delay: Been a combination of illness, a car accident, and crushing work. I'll get back on track as soon as I can, sorry again.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
I just found out yesterday that getting advantage from just being adjacent is optional rule (with only one barbarian totem getting it normally) - what I remembered was a combination of 3.5 and 5e things:
3.5 rogue needs flanking for SA and 5e explicitly stating that rogue needs only an ally adjacent to a creature to get SA...somehow, I mixed up those two.

So, for the record, you can grant advantage IF YOU SPEND ACTION to aid a companion. Even being in true flanking position gives no bonuses (unless optional rules are used or DM rules otherwise)
Sorry for any confusion I caused.

Azurewraith

Explorer
I just found out yesterday that getting advantage from just being adjacent is optional rule (with only one barbarian totem getting it normally) - what I remembered was a combination of 3.5 and 5e things:
3.5 rogue needs flanking for SA and 5e explicitly stating that rogue needs only an ally adjacent to a creature to get SA...somehow, I mixed up those two.

So, for the record, you can grant advantage IF YOU SPEND ACTION to aid a companion. Even being in true flanking position gives no bonuses (unless optional rules are used or DM rules otherwise)
Sorry for any confusion I caused.
Oh the multi edition rule confusion... do it all the time to the point we drew on the table a list of common rules mix ups(we custom built a table with built in sockets out of an old table we just slapped some chip board on top)

Thateous

Explorer
Nice catch, though i do remember moving you up next to Luthor guess it didn't take. Also your attack does indeed hit. Feel free to post damage in the future.

To everyone else, sorry for the delay meant to post on monday as that would have been the 1 week absent mark for trogdor. He said he was going on vacation for a week so i gave him a week from that date.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Remove ads