D&D 5E A New Frontier REDUX [Closed]

Azurewraith

Explorer
Actually yes he could AC of 16 with mages armour. Think he will stay in the back though lobbing fireballs from a safe distance.

I was more thinking of giving the staff to another.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
How can you turn off the flanking? Isn't that core game? I know there are some feats/talents/class features that depend on it (such as sneak attack) - isn't that a bit harsh for them?
EDIT: I know you, as a DM, can turn off anything, I meant more like it is not optional like the feats to be turned on or oof

What can I do for restrained? Can this cage be shattered? Or is it represented by another save?

No, flanking in 5e is actually an optional ruling in the DMG, and it is actually rather OP and I don't know of anyone who uses it. It grants advantage, and there are so many ways already of getting advantage in the core rules. If you added flanking, you would essentially have advantage every round. IF I were ever to use flanking, I might use a +1 or +2 bonus, but that's even a lot with 5e's bounded accuracy.

A rogue only needs an adjacent ally to get his sneak attack, even at range, so often easier in 5e than other editions, because the party fighter is going to want to be right up there in the face of monsters anyway, so the rogue can safely stand back and plink things with sneak attack.

Thateous

Explorer
Yea I think I asked in the creation of this game if they wanted flanking. I mean, you also have to keep in mind you could be flanked and that most of the time you would be outnumbered.

Sent from my SM-G955U using EN World mobile app

Thateous

Explorer
He succeeded the save. Advantage on spell saves is a little broken to say the least, however I doubt he can continue with his very low dex save.

Thateous

Explorer
PHP:
Hmm, So in terms of difficulty levels, that golem was like a mini boss, however nothing else is straight up immune to non magical damage, so onward to victory my puppets.

Edit: you are currently sitting at 1900 exp

Last edited:

Remove ads