• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A party of Warlords

NMcCoy

Explorer
An amusing thought I had: You could make a party that consisted entirely of Warlords, each of which would get to do insane things whenever they spent an action point.
Combat Leader is a typed bonus, so that keeps the party's initiative in check, but the Presence bonuses are untyped...

party of 5 Tactical Presence warlords, 18 int, Improved Tactics, Tactical Assault = +12 to hit, +16 damage

party of 5 Bravura Presence warlords = 4 extra basic attacks on a hit

party of 5 Resourceful Presence warlords, 18 int, level 6, Improved Resources = +36 damage

party of 5 Inspiring Presence warlords, 18 cha, level 6, Improved Inspiration = heal 36 hp

tiornys

Explorer
I think you're better off with a mixed party: 1 TacLord, 1 BraveLord, 1 InspLord, and 1 RecLords, with the 5th depending on how you want to optimize the party. I favor either a second RecLord for more versatility in Paragon+, or a second BraveLord for better skill coverage.

Note especially the synergy between the TacLord's bonus to hit, the RecLord's bonus to damage, and the BraveLord's extra attacks on a hit.

t~

NMcCoy

Explorer
I was thinking a pile of Tac- and RecLords and a Wizard with huge area effects myself. I mean, why not make as many attack rolls as you can while you have the bonus?

fba827

Adventurer
and think of the insipring word usage, it makes my head hurt!

but, yeah, you come up with all sorts of wierdness if you make an entire party of 5 exclusivly one class...

and think of the insipring word usage, it makes my head hurt!

but, yeah, you come up with all sorts of wierdness if you make an entire party of 5 exclusivly one class...
Of course, everyone has to multiclass into either Cleric, Bard or Shaman, just in case their is not enough healing. ;)

tiornys

Explorer
Multiclassing, absolutely, but probably not into other Leader classes. The party can get most of the value of having a Striker or Controller using multiclassing to cherry-pick the best encounter and daily powers for use with their uber-powered action points.

Having tons of Inspiring Words in the party does one very nice thing: it lets everyone focus on non-healing utility and attack powers. Battles with this party would be odd, combo-riffic affairs, with buffs being thrown around and extra attacks flowing to whoever is currently buffed.

t~

Ryujin

Legend
I don't know how long I could stand to be in the same room with a party full of motivational speakers or high school football coaches. Some things just aren't worth it.

Storminator

First Post
I don't know how long I could stand to be in the same room with a party full of motivational speakers or high school football coaches. Some things just aren't worth it.

But there's no one else in the room. They're just motivating each other!

Someone should put together a cliched hack of plausible dialog...

PS

Pickles JG

First Post
Multiclassing, absolutely, but probably not into other Leader classes. The party can get most of the value of having a Striker or Controller using multiclassing to cherry-pick the best encounter and daily powers for use with their uber-powered action points.

Having tons of Inspiring Words in the party does one very nice thing: it lets everyone focus on non-healing utility and attack powers. Battles with this party would be odd, combo-riffic affairs, with buffs being thrown around and extra attacks flowing to whoever is currently buffed.
t~

You are all Dex 15 Eladrin & MC into fighter to use Rain of Blows with your Bloodclaw Greatspears (or other not broken ones :)). That's all the combo you really need but you do have more - like dailies & Warlord's Favour.
Most of you are Tactical with a smattering of Resourceful - once to hit bonus exceeds +10 it's probably enough. You use APs to kill a bunch of stuff then mop up. One or two of you may MC wizard to deal with large numbers - probably for Fire Shroud as it's easy to use & very good with +8 to hit +16 damage.

As to extra attacks when buffing someone - you can use Guileful Switch to make it even more grim for the bad guys. In one round 4 full turns & 3-4 Commander's Strikes are possible with 5 pcs.

Multiple Inspiring Warlords are likely to provide more healing then could be useful. Multiple Resourceful ones are good if you want to keep it somewhat dicey, Bravura too but many Tactical Warlords seem to stress the system. Beyond Heroic it is even worse.

This came up before but I cannot search for the link.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads