So don't let them find you...tonight
And girls are so vain
So put them behind you...tonight
I'll cast you a spell
A magic where everyone plays dead forever
And after tonight
They'll never remind you..."

The Birthday Massacre, "Play Dead"

Bitterness and denied ambition can drive a man to dark places. And within those places, there are those willing to take control of the drive, to move him to darker places.

And its the innocent who will pay the price ... unless such darkness is stopped. But darkness fed by hate and frustration is not easily stopped - and this is one fight where even the winners will come out bloody.

I'm looking at interest in the old d20 setting of Hamunaptra (basically, Egypt with different names), adapted to Pathfinder. There are a couple of changes, but I'll detail them out as you come across them (probably too late to help you).

You might recognize it as the Curse of the Crimson Throne, because that is where I started, but there have been ... changes.

Fergurg

Explorer
Traditional. The Hamunaptra setting is described by its makers (Green Ronin, if you care) as D&D, but in ancient Egypt instead of mideivel Europe. That's the idea I am going to try to make here. No dragons, but sphinges, the 27 gods of the Egyptian pantheon, and other things capturing the flavor of what we think of.

Not going to go for historical accuracy because, well, there were no elves running around then, and it probably wouldn't be much fun to do a game about slavery and incest. (and if you want to argue that last point, you're at the wrong site!) That, and some of my campaign world ideas are ripped off from [redacted], such as the idea of the campaign world being [redacted].

I can catch people up on the specifics if there's enough interest, but the main text is going to be Green Ronin's "Hamunaptra", which can be found or stolen.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Traditional. The Hamunaptra setting is described by its makers (Green Ronin, if you care) as D&D, but in ancient Egypt instead of mideivel Europe. That's the idea I am going to try to make here. No dragons, but sphinges, the 27 gods of the Egyptian pantheon, and other things capturing the flavor of what we think of.

Not going to go for historical accuracy because, well, there were no elves running around then, and it probably wouldn't be much fun to do a game about slavery and incest. (and if you want to argue that last point, you're at the wrong site!) That, and some of my campaign world ideas are ripped off from [redacted], such as the idea of the campaign world being [redacted].

I can catch people up on the specifics if there's enough interest, but the main text is going to be Green Ronin's "Hamunaptra", which can be found or stolen.

Iwould join, but alas I am in too many games now. However about your game concept, I must say [redacted].

Fergurg

Explorer
Sure thing. It's going to be (or at least starting out as) an urban campaign in an Egyptian-like setting.

The standard races from the Core book, except for half-orcs. Also, gnolls are allowed. There will be a couple changes to how they are made, but I can go over that. The standard classes from the Core book, as well as the Alchemist from the Advanced rules book.

It will focus on the city of Tejeret, the city believed to be founded by the god Horus. It's a military city, where the largest training academy is there, along with the largest temples to Horus. Even though there is a nomarch, appointed by the Pharoah like the other cities, the true ruling power is the headmaster of the Academy.

Depending on interest, I will share more details, and rules adaptations as needed.

Starman

Adventurer
Sounds intriguing to me. I've got the Hamanuptra box set, but it's been years since I've looked at it and I've never had a chance to use it. If a game gets going, I would love to play.

Fergurg

Explorer
3 players seem good. Would prefer 4 to 5, so I'm going to keep the net out a little longer to see if any more fish come by.

As for posting schedule, I would prefer at least once a day, but then again, I am an extremist. As long as you don't disappear in the middle of the action, there should be no problem.

Remove ads