• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A picture paints...

bobthehappyzombie

First Post
OK I am introducing my two bairns to the whole D&D experiance.
They had a quick go of 3e and now I'm moving them on to 4e.
I've printed out Power cards for everyone as I think they are a great aid.

My eldest has no trouble at all he's ten now and quite able to sort himself out, but my lil girl is only 4 and can't read so well, so my plan is to use pictures to demonstrate each of her powers so she may select which she wishes to use herself... this is where you come in.

She is playing a fairy (she's 4 give her a break) which is a reskined Eldarin wizard.
So I need pictures that sum up the powers and class abilities of the 4e wizard, the 1st level ones will do for now but I will no doubt need a few of the higher level ones soon enough.

I don't usually have trouble finding an image or two, but I want these pictures to be really evocative of the powers they represent so the help would be appreciated.

Fly my pretties, bring me back the images I need

Wingedmonkeys.jpg

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
OK I am introducing my two bairns to the whole D&D experiance.
They had a quick go of 3e and now I'm moving them on to 4e.
I've printed out Power cards for everyone as I think they are a great aid.

My eldest has no trouble at all he's ten now and quite able to sort himself out, but my lil girl is only 4 and can't read so well, so my plan is to use pictures to demonstrate each of her powers so she may select which she wishes to use herself... this is where you come in.

She is playing a fairy (she's 4 give her a break) which is a reskined Eldarin wizard.
So I need pictures that sum up the powers and class abilities of the 4e wizard, the 1st level ones will do for now but I will no doubt need a few of the higher level ones soon enough.

I don't usually have trouble finding an image or two, but I want these pictures to be really evocative of the powers they represent so the help would be appreciated.

Fly my pretties, bring me back the images I need!

Just for confirmation, exactly what powers has she selected?

Engilbrand

First Post
Why don't you turn it into a family activity? The three of you can sit together and draw things on cards. On one side, you have the picture that she looks at when she holds it up. On the other side, your write the spell and other pertinent information. Draw her character, some colorful effect with arrows, and its effect on something else. Will this take a while? Sure. Will it be a lot of fun for her and help you guys think about the powers in a new way? Yep. Make the illustrations more impressive for more powerful things, and have them in piles for their usefulness against singular or multiple monsters.
If you can spend time doing art with your children and helping to improve their understanding of imagination, why ask strangers on a messageboard to get pictures?

hanasays

First Post
Engilbrand's idea is really clever, I like it a lot. Good point, too. I bet she'll understand her powers a lot better, as well as what the cards represent, if you discuss it and draw it yourselves too. And it sounds like fun!

Ginnel

Explorer
Dang its inspired an adult 27 year old to try and sketch some fairies tonight gargh!

There should be plenty of fairy dust effects for the sleep maybe with a golden effect or just her favourite colour, then make different effects different colours for easier distinction, maybe have different sounds go with them as well like a sound of bells or the chirping of birds etc.

Remove ads