• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Prestige Class I Discovered On Another Forum

Laundreu

First Post
I figured this would do well here; I thought it was pretty rockin' at least. I think I will multiclass to it! :-D

Professor of Awesome

Requirements: Strength 5+, Weapon Focus (shuriken), 5 ranks Knowledge (Awesome)

Skill points/level: 7 + int mod

Class skills: All

Code:
Level	BAB	Saves	Misc
1	+1	+2	Awesome Bonus
2	+2	+3	DR 7/Fondue
3	+3	+3	"Bigby's Grasping Hand" 3/day
4	+4	+4	Animal Companion
5	+5	+4	Bonus Feat
6	+6	+5	Improved Evasion
7	+7	+5	Smite Neutral 8/day
8	+8	+6	Eldritch Insight
9	+9	+6	Rock Out
10	+10	+7	Totally Awesome

Awesome Bonus: At level 1 and beyond, the Professor of Awesome receieves an Awesome bonus equal to the number of levels in the Professor of Awesome prestige class he possesses on all attack rolls, damage rolls, skill checks, ability checks, and saving throws. This is a supernatural ability.

Damage reduction: At level 2, all damage to the Professor of Awesome from a non-fondue source is decreased by 7 before being applied. This cannot reduce the damage to below zero.

Grasping Hand: At level 3, the Professor of Awesome can use "Bigby's Grasping Hand" as a spell-like ability three times per day.

Animal Companion: At level 4, the Professor of Awesome receives a pheasant as an animal companion. It is immune to all non-magical damage, but is also blind.

Bonus Feat: At level 5, the Professor of Awesome receieves a bonus feat, chosen from the following: ACROBATIC, ARMOR PROFICIENCY (MEDIUM), DIEHARD, IMPROVED OVERRUN, IMPROVED TURNING, RAPID RELOAD, SKILL FOCUS (Jump), or TRAMPLE. He may take the chosen feat even if he does not meet the prerequisites.

Improved Evasion: As Evasion, except that the Professor of Awesome takes only half damage even on a failed save.

Smite Neutral: At level 7, eight times per day, a Professor of Awesome may attempt to smite neutral with one normal melee attack. He adds his Charisma bonus (if any) to his attack roll and deals 1 extra point of damage per Professor of Awesome level. If the Professor accidentally smites a creature that is not neutral, the smite has no effect, but the ability is still used up for that day. This ability functions regardless of the axis on which the smited creature is neutral.

Eldritch Insight: At level 8, the Professor of Awesome receieves a +80 insight bonus on spellcraft checks made to identify spells cast by characters with between 7 and 9 levels in the Wizard base class.

Rock Out: At level 9, by rockin' out on air guitar, the Professor of Awesome can cause all creatures within 60' to be affected as if by Otto's Irresistible Dance. There is no saving throw, and targets normally immune due to creature type or protective spells are still affected - however, the effect only lasts as long as the Professor of Awesome plays air guitar, which precludes physical attacks and casting spells with somatic or material components. The Professor of Awesome must have his hands free to use this ability, which is treated as extraordinary.

Totally Awesome: At level 10, even his foes agree that the Professor of Awesome is utterly radical. Anyone seeking to attack the Professor in melee combat must make a will save against a DC equal to 20 + the Professor's charisma modifier. On a failure, they give him a high-five instead.

Machiavelli

First Post
DR 7/Fondue
Totally Awesome: At level 10, even his foes agree that the Professor of Awesome is utterly radical. Anyone seeking to attack the Professor in melee combat must make a will save against a DC equal to 20 + the Professor's charisma modifier. On a failure, they give him a high-five instead.
I LOL'ed, it's true.

Smite Neutral: Conquering mediocrity in the almighty name of Awesome.

Rock Out: also known as Spontaneous Metal Interlude
And probably the best class ability EVER.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads