• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Problem of Nobility or Things that go Bump in the Night (Covaithe Judging)

Tinwe

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
FYI Grim's first attack will kill the female, so you can edit your action regarding the action point if you'd like. Also, nobody after Grim will take any more of the aura damage.
[/sblock]

[sblock]Ok, I'll just save the AP and make the same move. Post is edited.[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
The orc is right ... I've had worse, I can't give up now. Get up, Raiyek. Get up!

Pulling himself back to his feet, Raiyek gets his defenses in place and steadies his breathing with a short prayer to Palladys. Just then Grim cleaves the female down in a shower of blood right before the elf's eyes. Turning to the only foe left near him, he calls, "Your end is nigh, shadowy one. I am the weapon of Palladys; try to destroy me, if you can!" With that, Raiyek brings his blade down on his enemy with the strength still from the burst of adrenaline Xoc inspired, blade and eyes glowing with golden light.
[sblock=OOC]I'm assuming that Georg hit with thunderwave and did push cloak 1 right next to me; if that's not the case I'll need to make some adjustments here.
Edit: Um, I just remembered that I can't use DC this round, because I failed to engage my DC target last round. I'll use Divine Strength instead, which will keep my damage the same.

Move: stand up.
Minor: Channel Divinity: Divine Strength (+3 damage on my next attack).
Standard: Second Wind for 8 hp and +2 to all defenses til the start of my next turn.
Action Point: Holy Strike vs. Cloak 1: 1d20+7=22 vs. AC, 1d10+3+3+4=17 damage. That resourceful presence is pretty cool!

Also, beautiful hit, Grim! We all seem to be working well together as a team, other than crowding targets so that Georg can't hit more than one (sorry) ;)[/sblock]
[sblock=Raiyek stats]Raiyek Meliam - Male Elf Paladin (Palladys) 2
Passive Perception: 21, Passive Insight: 19; Low-light vision
AC:21(23), Fort:16(18), Reflex:17(19), Will:16(18) -- Speed:6
HP: 17/33, Bloodied:16, Surge Value:8, Surges Left:9/11
Resist 5 poison
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: used
Powers
Valiant Strike, Holy Strike, Divine Challenge, Lay on Hands (3/3)
Piercing Smite, Channel Divinity, Elven Accuracy, Hunter's Quarry
Paladin's Judgment
Group Awareness: All non-elf allies within 5 squares of Raiyek gain a +1 bonus to Perception.[/sblock]

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
Kruk, still blinded, hears the sound of death as Raiyak's strikes true with his blade. "I don't think this fight is done any time soon. Greog, come closer so that I can attempt to heal your wounds. No telling what's inside that crate."

[sblock=ooc]
If cloak one is still alive:

movement: Move to B1 (where the girl was killed)
action: basic attack: 1d20+8-5 = 18 for 1d10+4 =14

If cloak 1 is dead:
heal check on Greog: (correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't that allow Gregg to spend a surge as a minor action, saving him a basic attack?)

If so, : heal Greog: 1d20=24
save vs. Blindness: 1d20=11

[/sblock]

"ah...I can see again!"

Last edited:

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Err ... who's Gregg? Do you mean Georg, the dwarven wizard?

As for the mechanics, you can use a standard action to make a Heal check which will allow the target to use their second wind. If they've already used their second wind that encounter (which Georg has, if that's who you're intending to heal) then you can't use the Heal skill to heal them in that combat.

I believe Grim hasn't used his 2nd wind, but he's outside the door with Carolina and Xoc now. [/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Err ... who's Gregg? Do you mean Georg, the dwarven wizard?

As for the mechanics, you can use a standard action to make a Heal check which will allow the target to use their second wind. If they've already used their second wind that encounter (which Georg has, if that's who you're intending to heal) then you can't use the Heal skill to heal them in that combat.

I believe Grim hasn't used his 2nd wind, but he's outside the door with Carolina and Xoc now. [/sblock]

[sblock=LS]
For some reason I was thinging of the relief pitcher for the Chicago Cubs: Gregg. I don't know why? I hate th Cubs. I'm a St. Louis Cardinal fan.

In reality, I had to rush my post before had to run an errand. I meant Georg, not Gregg. Yes, I was using my heal to allow him to use his second wind in combat if he wants to do so. With everyone dead, except the other cloak figure by the door (the poor sole being chased by three of us) and the fact that we don't know what is in the crate, I had to find something productive to do with my turn.
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Grim grunts as the pain burns into his body, and turns to face his new enemy. He lands a shattering blow, taunts his opponent "Ha! Girls should know better than to pick a fight!" and the woman falls dead in a pool of brackish-looking blood. The shadows immediately dissipate and you all can move freely again.

Georg feels the bite of steel and the cold aura weakening him, he shows the resilience of his race by quickly regaining his breath and then slams down his staff at the only opponent he can possibly locate while blind, the one that attacked him. The blast ends up sending the disoriented cloak right next to the prone Raiyek. Backing away slowly he seems to clear his vision.

Taking advantage of Xoc's maneuvering, Carolina sheathes her dagger and levels her crossbow at the cloaked menace. She smiles from behind the orc as she pulls the trigger, the bolt entering the cloaked figures flesh with a resounding *thunk* and a small river of red flows from its side.

The orc is right ... I've had worse, I can't give up now. Get up, Raiyek. Get up![/COLOR]

Pulling himself back to his feet, Raiyek gets his defenses in place and steadies his breathing with a short prayer to Palladys. Just then Grim cleaves the female down in a shower of blood right before the elf's eyes. Turning to the only foe left near him, he calls, "Your end is nigh, shadowy one. I am the weapon of Palladys; try to destroy me, if you can!" With that, Raiyek brings his blade down on his enemy with the strength still from the burst of adrenaline Xoc inspired, blade and eyes glowing with golden light. The blade cleaves the cloaked figure in two, and he dissipates into nothingness as the shadowey figure is burned away by the light of Raiyek's attack.

Xoc attempts to take down the remaining Cloaked figure but the foe dodges his strike.

Kruk attempts to aid his allies.

The cloak sees that the fight is against it and steps away from the orc, then turns tail and runs out of the shop, quickly melting into the growing shadows outside.

[sblock=OOC]
Grim kills female

Georg's knocks back the bloodied cloaked figure

Carolina's attack hits

Raiyek stands & kills cloak 1

Fight's pretty much over now.... just the clean up.

Lighting: Lantern on table provides bright illumination

Init:
Raiyek - 21
Xoc - 19
Kruk - 14
Female - 20 (delayed, now at 13)
Cloaks - 13
Grim - 12 <- you're up
Georg - 11
Carolina - 8 (sorry, Nat 1)
Grim, kruk; raiyek; xoc; carolina; georg (1d20+5=12, 1d20+3=14, 1d20+5=21, 1d20+2=19, 1d20+7=8, 1d20+2=11, 1d20+6=20, 1d20+6=13)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

N3rday

First Post
"Cleanup time!"

[sblock=OOC]
Well, it's almost over, might as well blow the encounter powers.

Minor action: use Inspiring Word on Grim, who regains Surge+4 hp.
Inspiring Word (1d6=4)
Move action: shift to D6
Standard action: use Nimble Footwork on Cloak
Attack and Damage Rolls for Nimble Footwork (1d20+6=12, 2d10+4=18)
LAME!

edit: I should have bought a +3 proficiency weapon, don't know what I was thinking. Damage is for strikers =).
[/sblock]

Last edited:

johnmeier1

Explorer
[sblock=LS]
For some reason I was thinging of the relief pitcher for the Chicago Cubs: Gregg. I don't know why? I hate th Cubs. I'm a St. Louis Cardinal fan.

In reality, I had to rush my post before had to run an errand. I meant Georg, not Gregg. Yes, I was using my heal to allow him to use his second wind in combat if he wants to do so. With everyone dead, except the other cloak figure by the door (the poor sole being chased by three of us) and the fact that we don't know what is in the crate, I had to find something productive to do with my turn.
[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC] Georg doesn't need the Heal check from Kruk, he used his Second Wind already (which thankfully is a minor action for dwarves) also since the female toasted before my turn, Georg is pretty healthy. Only one cloak left?

Mini-stats
Georg Stoneburner: Dwarf Wizard 1 Initiative: +0 Speed:5 Passive Perception: 12 Passive Insight: 17
AC: 15 NAD: 13/14/14
HP: 24/31 Surges: 8/9 Surge Value: 7
AP:1 Second Wind: used
Languages: Common (Allarian), Dwarven
Str:10 De:10 Wis:14 Con:16 Int:18 Cha:10

Powers:
Cantrips
Scorching Burst
Thunderwave
Burning Hands
Flaming Sphere

Full Character Sheet
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Their foes either vanquished or retreated the heroes have a moment to take a breath.

[sblock=OOC]
Well Done!

So Action Points used: only Raiyek, I believe.
Daily Resources: Jaws of the Wolf - Grim - To great effect might I add
[/sblock]

Remove ads