• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Problem of Nobility or Things that go Bump in the Night (Covaithe Judging)

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=OOC] Georg doesn't need the Heal check from Kruk, he used his Second Wind already (which thankfully is a minor action for dwarves) also since the female toasted before my turn, Georg is pretty healthy. Only one cloak left?

[sblock=ooc georg]
my bad. I didn't think you used your second wind. I have to do a better job reading posts :). It's much harder to read them when you are blinded for two or three rounds!
[/sblock]

"It would have been nice to actually see the ghastly lady go down." Kruk mumbles, obviously upset that he was blinded for practically the whole encounter. "Who gave her the death strike?...Grim?...Nicely done." Then turning to Raiyek. "How ya doing friend? From the sound of the attack, it must of hurt..." Kruk gives a 'wincing-in-pain' look and then chuckles, giving him a punch on the arm (that's just what dwarven fighters do when they give there peers a "pick-me-up). Eager to proceed, "When everyone's ready we should have a look at what's inside that crate."

[sblock=Kruk's Stats]
Adverse Condition: None
Initiative: +1
Kruk- Male Dwarf Fighter Level 2
*Passive Insight 13
*Passive Perception 13
*Senses low light vision
*HP 42 (now at 42)
*Bloodied 21
*Surge Value 10; Surges Per-Day 11 (1 used)
*AC =22
*Fortitude 17 Reflex 13 Will 13 Speed 5
*Save +5 vs. poison
+armor bonuses: resist 5 fire & resist 5 necrotic
*action Points:1
*Second Wind: Not Used
basic attack: 1H Battle axe: To Hit: +8: Damage 1d10+4
Powers
At will: Cleave, Tide of Iron
Encounter: Passing Attack
Daily Standard: Comeback Strike
Daily Minor: Unstopable
[/sblock]

Last edited:

johnmeier1

Explorer
Georg pauses a bit to rest after the fight, rubbing his arms to bring warmth back to his cold limbs. I am glad everyone is okay, they certainly were deadly foes. He looks about the fallen bodies and the room seeking arcane auras or items.

[sblock=OOC]Georg uses another healing surge to return to max HP. Now 7/9 healing surges (I guess those count as resources too)
Arcana 1d20+9=27
Perhaps there is magic afoot, either in the room or on our foes.
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
While the group is resting, Georg spends 1 minute concentrating on sensing the presence of magic. In the chest at the northwest part of the room there are 3 magical auras from inside.

[sblock=OOC]
As an FYI, after tomorrow I'm going to be on vacation until 7/13 without internet access...good ol' Canadian wildernerss :)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
While the group is resting, Georg spends 1 minute concentrating on sensing the presence of magic. In the chest at the northwest part of the room there are 3 magical auras from inside.

After a short rest, Kruk gets up and walks over to Georg. He waits until Georg is finished doing what spell casters do when they inspect objects. I've never understood what makes a spellcaster tick...and I suppose I never will (Kruk thinks to himself). "Anything clues about what's inside the chest Greog?"

[sblock=ooc renau1g]
awwwww...ya got to at least tell us what is inside the chest before you go. Canadian wilderness huh...I'm jealous. I've been to the boundrey waters many times. I'm sure you've packed your +5 fishing pole of fish gathering. Have a great vacation.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Raiyek also spends a few minutes resting, as well as cleaning and inspecting his new sword. "Well fought, everyone. I apologize for my ... falter."

Glancing around the room with a focused gaze, he asks, "Has anyone seen anything that would help us find the true center of these 'shadows'? I doubt this female was behind the whole thing; it doesn't seem like she was talented enough to carry out the assassinations on her own without getting caught." Getting up, Raiyek starts to search the room.

[sblock=OOC]I'll spend two surges to get exactly back to full hp. 7/11 surges left.

Perception to search the room (1d20+11=26).[/sblock][sblock=Raiyek stats]Raiyek Meliam - Male Elf Paladin (Palladys) 2
Passive Perception: 21, Passive Insight: 19; Low-light vision
AC:21, Fort:16, Reflex:17, Will:16 -- Speed:6
HP: 33/33, Bloodied:16, Surge Value:8, Surges Left:7/11
Resist 5 poison
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: used
Powers
Valiant Strike, Holy Strike, Divine Challenge, Lay on Hands (3/3)
Piercing Smite, Channel Divinity, Elven Accuracy, Hunter's Quarry
Paladin's Judgment
Group Awareness: All non-elf allies within 5 squares of Raiyek gain a +1 bonus to Perception.[/sblock]

Tinwe

First Post
"Thank you. I realized late that we needed to end her or continue suffering in her darkness."

As Grim takes the healing energy, his hair stands on end for a moment, and his body stiffens. "Ah, that's better. Now, where were we?"

[sblock=mechanics]

Grim was at 9/30 hp after starting his turn in the aura, and gains surge + 4 = 11 hp, then spends another surge to get to 27/30 hp.

He has used Jaws of the Wolf for the day.[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=Raiyek]
You search the room and locate the chest the woman was sitting on complete with a padlock and notice the grate in the northwest corner is actually a trap door leading down, also locked
[/sblock]

[sblock=Kruk]
Don't worry as long as someone tries to open it by tomorrow morning then you'll get to see what's inside.

It's more like my +5 rifle of venison gathering ;)
[/sblock]

N3rday

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Xoc will use 2 surges to get back to full health. Now let's see what's inside the chest!

Also thanks to Dimsdale, whose mini-stats format I shamelessly pirated.:p
[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]
***Allies who can see you gain a bonus to damage of +4 when they spend an action point. If the attack hits no target, ally gains +5 temp hit points***
Adverse Condition: None
Initiative: +2
Xoc- Male Orc Warlord Level 1
*Passive Insight 9
*Passive Perception 9
*Senses low light vision
*HP 26/26
*Bloodied 13
*Surge Value 6; Surges Per-Day 9 (2 used)
*AC =16
*Fortitude 15 Reflex 13 Will 14 Speed 6
*action Points:1
*Second Wind: Not Used
Basic Attack: Broadsword +6 vs. AC 1d10+4 damage
Powers
At will: Opening Shove, Viper’s Strike
Encounter: Nimble Footwork, Inspiring Word (2/encounter, 0 used), Warrior’s Surge
Daily Standard: Lead the Attack

[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=Kruk]
Don't worry as long as someone tries to open it by tomorrow morning then you'll get to see what's inside.

It's more like my +5 rifle of venison gathering ;)
[/sblock][/quote]

[sblock=ooc renau1g]
Ha Ha! I understand. Just make sure one of your friends does paint a target on your back.
[/sblock]

Kruk talks to the rest of the party, currently finishing up their rest. "If you don't mind, I'd like to use the brute force approach to opening this chest. There is not telling what's in there and there maybe a trap. If so, I'm the one that can absorb the most damage." Looking down at the ground in shame, clearly upset at his performance during the last encounter: "I may not be able to hit anything, but I can take a hit."

[sblock=ooc: actions]
If no one objects, I'd like to see the contents of the chest before Renau1g leaves for his vacation. If someone would like to suggest something else, please do so now. Otherwise, Kruk attempts to break the lock and look inside.

roll for breaking lock: 1d20+4 (str mod) = 14
[/sblock]

(Again, if no one objects, here is the action that takes place)

Kruk, checking to make sure that everyone is back at least two square and making sure that everyone is well rested, turns and thrust the back end of his axe down hard against the lock. If it breaks, he attempts to open the chest...

Remove ads