• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Problem of Nobility or Things that go Bump in the Night (Covaithe Judging)

dimsdale

First Post
Oops, sorry Carolina, your post got there before I finished mine. I'll change mine now. If everyone moves back, I'll attempt to open the chest, now that the lock is picked by Carolina. :)

[sblock=N3rday]
You're welcome
[/sblock]

[sblock=Kruk's stats]
Adverse Condition: none
Initiative: +1
Kruk- Male Dwarf Fighter Level 2
*Passive Insight 13
*Passive Perception 13
*Senses low light vision
*HP 42 (41)
*Bloodied 21 Surge Value 10; Surges Per-Day 11-1=10
*AC =22
*Fortitude 17 Reflex 13 Will 13 Speed 5
*Save +5 vs. poison
+armor bonuses: resist 5 fire & resist 5 necrotic
*action Points:1
*Second Wind:
basic attack: 1H Battle axe: To Hit: +8: Damage 1d10+4
Powers
At will: Cleave, Tide of Iron
Encounter: Passing Attack
Daily Standard: Comeback Strike
Daily Minor: Unstopable
[/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
With deft skill Carolina begins working on the padlocked chest, after a few tense moments when she hears the tumblers fall into place with a satisfying clack and the lock falls open. Inside the chest there is a small satchel containing two softly glowing potions, their contents swirling despite their inert position. Georg identifies them as Potions of Healing. Additionally, there is an axe lying on the bottom of the container. On one side of the head there is a distinct marking, identified by Kruk as the blacksmith he had toiled under for a number of years. Georg notices that this is a +1 Thundering Battleaxe. There are also some notes written in Draconic.

While the group is inspecting the contents of the chest, Carolina also picks the lock on the sewer grate. Looking down you see a ladder descending into darkness, no light is visible down here. The stink of what is unmistakably the sewers of Daunton rise up to meet your investigation. You can hear the slow flow of water coming from below.

[sblock=...and on that note]
What dastardly foes await in the dank underbelly of Daunton?

Join us next time to find out. Same bat time, same bat channel...

TTYL on the 13th.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
Additionally, there is an axe lying on the bottom of the container. On one side of the head there is a distinct marking, identified by Kruk as the blacksmith he had toiled under for a number of years. Georg notices that this is a +1 Thundering Battleaxe.

Kruk stares down at the axe for a minute or two. He then carefully picks it up and inspects it. Tears begin to well in his eyes. "Friends, I know the origin of this axe and the one who forged it. For years I worked as a blacksmith under the guidence of the a famous blacksmith of my race named Thorklson. One day he discovered some strange ore. He took the ore an smelted it, then carefully crafted it into this axe. It was master's most prized possesion. Years later, the axe was stolen from him. The thief (giving a guarded stare at Carolina ;)) was never found. My master was never the same after that. Quite frankly, it was one of the reasons I left to venture on my own. If you don't mind (looking at his fellow adventurers), I'd like to use this axe in honor of him, and one day soon, bring it back to him, thus reuniting the axe with its rightful owner."

johnmeier1

Explorer
Georg nods knowingly at Kruk. Let the axe go to the hand that forged it. He picks up the two potions and holds them out to the others. Perhaps these should be taken by two who risk injury but lack the ability to heal on their own. I do not relish the task ahead of us, but we must press on. He peers down the hole and holds his nose in disgust.

[sblock=OOC]Kruk can have the axe. I say that the potions of healing go to Grim and Raiyek. Xoc, Kruk, and Georg can heal with minor actions (at least themselves) and Carolina is a ranged attacker. Just my opinion. I will also be on vacation and work related business for a number of days in July, but will always check the Internet (not going to Canada :) [/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post

[sblock=OOC]Kruk can have the axe. I say that the potions of healing go to Grim and Raiyek. Xoc, Kruk, and Georg can heal with minor actions (at least themselves) and Carolina is a ranged attacker. Just my opinion. I will also be on vacation and work related business for a number of days in July, but will always check the Internet (not going to Canada :) [/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
Agreed! :)

Speaking of vacation: I have a family vacation from 7/10 to 7/17: heading to the Gulf of Mexico for a little sun. I'll have internet access and will be checking regularly.
[/sblock]

[sblock=stat block]
Adverse Condition: none
Initiative: +1
Kruk- Male Dwarf Fighter Level 2
*Passive Insight 13
*Passive Perception 13
*Senses low light vision
*HP 42 (41)
*Bloodied 21 Surge Value 10; Surges Per-Day 11-1=10
*AC =22
*Fortitude 17 Reflex 13 Will 13 Speed 5
*Save +5 vs. poison
+armor bonuses: resist 5 fire & resist 5 necrotic
*action Points:1
*Second Wind:
basic attack:+1 Thundering Battleaxe: To Hit: +9: Damage 1d10+4+1d8 (lightning)+additional 1d6 if crit
Powers
At will: Cleave, Tide of Iron
Encounter: Passing Attack
Daily Standard: Comeback Strike
Daily Minor: Unstopable
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
"Kruk, I believe your former master would be honored to have your hand wield his axe. May Palladys guide its blade."
[sblock=OOC]I, too, think Kruk should take the axe. He should have fun with it :)

If there's someone else who thinks they need the potion more, I say they take it instead of Raiyek. He has one potion already, as well as 3 uses of lay on hands per day (minor action, Raiyek spends a surge and the target heals their surge value, can use it on himself). So, it looks like everyone but Carolina can heal at least themselves with a minor action. It might also be a good idea to spread the potions around so everyone has at least one, in case things really hit the fan. [/sblock]

industrygothica

Adventurer
Carolina rolls her own eyes as the tears well in the dwarf's. She shakes her head as he continues on with his dirge, and moves to the corner to silently inspect her wound.

[sblock=OOC]Carolina has no use for the axe, other than to sell it if no one can use it. Obviously someone can. She'll also use a couple of healing surges to get un-bloodied and back up to full hp.

Have fun on your vacations![/sblock]

Remove ads