• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Problem of Nobility or Things that go Bump in the Night (Covaithe Judging)

N3rday

First Post
[sblock=OOC]

Hey, no worries, dimsdale, I forgot he didn't post weekends as well. It happens!

Renau1g: Ignore the PM I sent you, enworld seems to be working okay for me now, I don't know what the problem was but it seems to have worked itself out!

[/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
Georg moves forward slowly, taking a deep breath and steadying himself as he inches closer to the cube of vile jelly. He slams his staff into the floor and a thunderous wave hurtles towards the creature.

[sblock=OOC]Georg is going to do this in almost any case, Move to H3, Cast Thunderwave at I3 (opposite corner at K5)
1d20+4 (vs Fortitude) and 1d6+4 (half for weakened) Thunder damage
Saving throw versus weakened 1d20=15

I think that two conclusions can be drawn from renau1g's thoughts on this:
1) Post when you can, it's okay to go before others unless you are waiting on their action specifically
2) Try to do something rather than asking permission - because you can edit later, and play by post takes so long to get an answer to a rules questions, just DO IT :)

Also, Enworld didn't load for me all weekend, perhaps I was using an old link, but today when I when in from the Forum main page it was fine.

Georg Stoneburner (weakened)
Dwarf Wizard 1
Initiative: +0 Speed:5 Passive Perception: 12 Passive Insight: 17
AC: 15 NAD: 13/14/14
HP: 24/31 Surges: 7/9 Surge Value: 7
AP:1 Second Wind:not used
Languages: Common (Allarian), Dwarven
Str:10 De:10 Wis:14 Con:16 Int:18 Cha:10

Powers:
Cantrips
Scorching Burst
Thunderwave
Burning Hands
Flaming Sphere

Full Character Sheet

[/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Enworld was down all weekend and was sporadic at best this morning. I'm pretty flexible with my rules rulings so if you want to do something that is a question based on RAW, but it's something cool, then go for it and I'll more than likely roll with it.
[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
So, what I'm gathing from everyone is that I'll have a chance to edit my post once Raiyek has chosen his course of action?

If it turns out that I want to keep my original post,
I was informed by ozy that I get an additional +2 to hit on the secondary attack of the passing attack power I used for my action point. Since nothing has been updated yet, can I add the +2 to the attack, or am I out of luck?
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
As the action hasn't resolved yet you can add it to your attack. If I had posted the round summary then it would be too late. Like what happened with me forgetting the cold aura with the shadar-kai witch.
[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Raiyek tries to fight as the cube pulls him in, but ends up within it anyway. He closes his eyes and grits his teeth as the cube's digestive acid begins to eat at his flesh, trying to ignore the pain. Palladys, give me strength! I pray this thing isn't the death of me!
[sblock=Actions]Take 8 ongoing damage.

Standard: Second wind, healing 7 hp and +2 to all defenses til start of next turn.
Save vs. immobilized: 1d20=19. Hurray! Now I just need to get out of the cube ...

My Athletics and Acrobatics both suck, so it's healing for now. I would appreciate an inspiring word as well, if no one else really needs it at the moment.

As an aside, I did think of a rather comical way of killing the cube. With Xoc's healing and my own, I could survive in the cube for a few rounds ... and it can't attack me while I'm inside it. So every time it would attack someone it would get blasted by DC. But ... that's probably less effective than getting out of the cube and fighting it from outside. Especially since I only get 1 action when I'm inside the cube, which would probably need to be used for healing to keep me alive.[/sblock]
[sblock=Raiyek stats]Raiyek Meliam - Male Elf Paladin (Palladys) 2
Passive Perception: 21, Passive Insight: 19; Low-light vision
AC:21(23), Fort:16(18), Reflex:17(19), Will:16(18) -- Speed:6
HP: 12/33, Bloodied:16, Surge Value:8, Surges Left:6/11
Resist 5 poison
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: used
Powers
Valiant Strike, Holy Strike, Divine Challenge, Lay on Hands (3/3)
Piercing Smite, Channel Divinity, Elven Accuracy, Hunter's Quarry
Paladin's Judgment
Group Awareness: All non-elf allies within 5 squares of Raiyek gain a +1 bonus to Perception.[/sblock]

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
As the action hasn't resolved yet you can add it to your attack. If I had posted the round summary then it would be too late. Like what happened with me forgetting the cold aura with the shadar-kai witch.
[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]

I will edit my attack post to include it then. Nice save Raiyek! When this is all done you must tell us what it is like inside the cube. I don't think many people in that situation live to tell about it. ;)

Since Raiyek has made his save vs. immobilization I will try to keep the other foes occupied while everyone else concentrates on killing the cube.
[sblock]

renau1g

First Post
As the wight breezes past him, Grim takes a mighty swing with his sword and connects with bone-shattering force.

Raiyek draws upon his inner strength to fight back against the acidic nature of the creature.

Kruk, invigorated by Grim's brutal OA attack on the undead foe keeps up the pressure on the bloodied enemy. charging forward towards the wight and the zombie, Kruk unleashes a series of strikes, the first strike nearly fells the undead foe.

Kruk screams "Attack the cube! Attack the cube! I'll hold of these two as long as I can!" Kruk swings again, the first swing of the newfound axe slams into the wight, lopping its head off as it collapses in the muck and the dwarven warrior tries to shift forward but the sewage is too thick (difficult terrain)

Xoc slams his shield into the cube, attempting to dislodge the engulfed Paladin. With a sickening *Plop* the elven paladin is extricated from the ooze as Xoc's shield somehow pushes the creature away. Finally freed from his imprisonment, Raiyek takes a swing at the ooze, but the remnants of the creature clinging to his blade make it heavy and awkward.

"Mind your back, Dwarf! Something coming from the north!" Carolina screams at Kruk as she loads her crossbow and fires at the zombie, but the weapon misfires and she struggles to fix the crossbow.

Georg moves forward slowly, taking a deep breath and steadying himself as he inches closer to the cube of vile jelly. He slams his staff into the floor and a thunderous wave hurtles towards the creature. The sonic attack rolls over the cube without affecting either it or Raiyek, safely inside the cushioning monster.

The cube tries to regain its hold on Raiyek but the attack was feeble and easily avoided.

The zombie moves past Grim leaving itself open for an attack, then turns and throws a glob of sewage at the bugbear. The projectile hits Grim and begins to drain his strength as he can feel the necrotic energy draining him.

You all now see the cause of what Carolina tried to warn about as a bunch of rats the size of small dogs swarm from the northern tunnels. Two rush towards the rogue and bit small gashes in her, while one goes for Xoc managing to penetrate his defenses and the final moves to Georg, causing some minor wounds to the wizard.

[sblock=OOC]
*Grim gets an OA against the zombie (not weakened yet)

Grim is hit for 11 damage from the attack and is weakened (save ends)

Carolina takes 6 damage, Xoc & Georg take 3 damage

*Carolina's attack 1d20+7=8, 1d6+8=12 Nat 1

Ooze - Marked by Raiyek
Grim - Weakened (save ends)

Init:
Raiyek - 21 <- you're up.
Kruk - 19
Xoc - 18
Carolina - 17
Grim - 15
Georg - 12
Enemies - 7

[/sblock]

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
"Aaaaarrrghhhhhhhh! blasted sludge! I can't hardly move in this stuff!," Kruk screams in frustration. After decapitating one foe, Kruk now turns his attention to the zombie and the creatures moving towards the group that Carolina warned him about. Kruk is at a crossroads. Do I defend the group from the zombie and the unknown foe to the north or do I help out a friend in a dire state. The decision doesn't take long as he locates the cube out of the corner of his eye.

[sblock=Renau1g]
You stated that I cut the head of the wight, but he still shows in the initiative order as bloodied. Is this some ghastly power that wights have that I'm unaware of? Kruk saves vs. fear if the headless wight reappears from the mirky depths of the sewage to attack with his head reattached to his body.:uhoh:

Also, note to self, never do another passing attack while in difficult terrain. What was I thinking!
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Whoops.... no the Wight is definitely dead, well as dead as an undead creature can be (maybe re-dead?)
[/sblock]

Remove ads