• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Problem of Nobility or Things that go Bump in the Night (Covaithe Judging)

renau1g

First Post
"No!" Raiyek yells as the cube reaches out to engulf his two comrades. He leaps in the way of the tendril aimed at Georg, getting captured in the wizard's stead.

[sblock=Raiyek and Renaulg]
I will attempt to use tide of iron. However, am I still able to push the cube in difficult terrain? Also, does the power work on foes larger than myself? I'll do it anyway and find out the answer soon enough if I hit.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Kruk]
Per the PHB "Ignore Difficult Terrain: Forced movement isn’t hindered by difficult terrain." You can push a titan with the power, some things that are a bit silly from a physics/realistic POV are pushed aside to increase the fun factor for 4e. Although you still miss :devil:
[/sblock]

Kruk watches in horror as the vicious cube engulfs more of his companions. He screams in rage "Begone vile cube of death!" He swings with such force with the intent of damaging and moving the cube.

Xoc attempts to push the cube back with his shield, but finds his efforts are futile as it engulfs him further.

Caught in the acidic jelly of the cube's body once again, this time Raiyek ignores the pain and stabs his sword through the top of the cube and slashes down the side, silently calling on Palladys to empower his sword and heal Xoc.

"Ah, you're kidding me!" Carolina scream in frustration as she flings the first rat free from her blade and impales the second in the same fashion. "Are you quite finished yet, you vile pieces of..."

Grim launches a flurry of strikes against the ooze, hoping to fell it before it can take in more of his allies. The first strike hits, but the second misses.

Georg is stunned as the selfless elf throws himself in harm's way and is engulfed by the cube. He grits his teeth and slams his staff into the muck, sending a wave of thunder through the cube and towards his ally. It throws Xoc from the ooze, but perhaps the price was too great as the half-orc looks bloodied. Oh, no. What have I done.

The ooze again launches out a pair of pseudopods and draws in the dwarven wizard, but Kruk is able to deflect the blow with his shield.

The zombie fires off an orb of sewage at Kruk and it splatters all over the dwarven warrior, but his armour fights off most of the effect

[sblock=OOC]
*Can't get the file to upload, too slow, but not much has changed, except Georg inside the cube, Xoc is at J7 (Xoc please let me know if you are using a surge from Raiyek's power, else you're bloodied)

1d20+7=18, 1d12=11, 1d6=1, 1d20+7=9, 1d12=3, 1d6=2
Engulf Hits Georg's Ref 17 & misses Kruk with a 12 (lucky you levelled up ;))
Zombie hits with Ref 14 on Kruk, you take 1 damage after resistances, but are weakened save ends

Ooze - Marked by Raiyek, Bloodied* (as bloodied as an amorpheous ooze can be)
Raiyek - Dazed ongoing 8 acid
Kruk - weakened, save ends

Init:
Kruk - 19 <- you're up.
Xoc - 18
Raiyek - 18 (new init)
Carolina - 17
Grim - 15
Georg - 12
Enemies - 7

[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
Kruk, weakend by the blow he took from the zombie, focuses all of his attention on the cube as he tries the same attack...

[sblock=attack]
I assume I'm still flanking the with the alley who swapped places with Raiyek?

minor: none
movement: none
attack: tide of iron: 1d20+9+2 = 31: that would be a Crit!

damage = 1d10+5+1d6= 21 divided by 2 (weakend) = 10 and move cube south one square. Hopefully that moves everyone out of harms way

I did that wrong I think: damage should be (15 +1d6)/2 = 8 points damage and move cube one space south.

sad that a crit only yields 8 points damage...so is the life I choose as being a tank defender :)

save vs. weakend = 13 woot!
[/sblock]

N3rday

First Post
Xoc swings wildly at the cube, attempting to redouble his strength.

[sblock=OOC]

I don't know what map you are using, johnmeier1, but j7 and k7 aren't adjacent to the cube on my map o_O. I'm assuming when you pushed me out of the cube I ended up adjacent to it. If not, I'll use a move action to move to it.

Standard Action: Warrior's Surge (1d20+6=15, 1d10+4=7) hits AC 15 for 7 damage - a miss =(. [/sblock]
[sblock=mini-stats]
Xoc- Male Orc Warlord Level 1
Adverse Condition: None
Initiative: +2
*Passive Insight: 9
*Passive Perception: 9
*Senses: low light vision
*HP 7/26
*Bloodied 13 Surge Value 6; Surges Per-Day 9
*AC = 16
*Fortitude 15 Reflex 13 Will 14 Speed 6
**action Points:1
*Second Wind: not used
Basic Attack: Broadsword +6 vs. AC 1d10+4 damage
Powers
Ranged Basic: Handaxe +6 (1d6+4) (ranged)
At will: Opening Shove, Viper’s Strike
Encounter: Nimble Footwork, Inspiring Word (2, 0 used), Warrior’s Surge
Daily Standard: Lead the Attack[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=Xoc]Thunderwave lets him push the target (I believe) 3 squares. So J7 is possible, and it isn't adjacent to the cube ;)

Also, you can spend a surge from Raiyek's attack - you sure you don't want to? If you get engulfed again the ongoing damage will knock you unconscious at the beginning of your turn before you can do anything. And you're allowed to use inspiring word on yourself too, if you need it :)[/sblock]
As Kruk's mighty blow dislodges Raiyek from the cube he takes a deep gulp of fresh air. Or at least, fresher than the acidic insides of the cube. "My thanks, dwarf." His face fierce and determined, the elf makes another cut at the cube before moving through the sludge towards the zombie. "Kruk, the cube is yours for now!" he calls to the dwarf. Turning to the zombie, he declares, "You have gone on too long, undead."
[sblock=Actions]Standard: Holy Strike vs. the cube: 1d20+7=15 vs. AC, 1d10+6=15 radiant damage.
Move: to L2 Athletics (1d20=12) (If I'm keeping track right, I got sucked into the cube to L4, so that's where I should be once Kruk pushes the cube away.)
Minor: Divine Challenge the zombie[/sblock]
[sblock=Raiyek stats]Raiyek Meliam - Male Elf Paladin (Palladys) 2
Passive Perception: 21, Passive Insight: 19; Low-light vision
AC:21, Fort:16, Reflex:17, Will:16 -- Speed:6
HP: 13/33, Bloodied:16, Surge Value:8, Surges Left:6/11
Resist 5 poison
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: used
Powers
Valiant Strike, Holy Strike, Divine Challenge, Lay on Hands (3/3)
Piercing Smite, Channel Divinity, Elven Accuracy, Hunter's Quarry
Paladin's Judgment, Martyr's Blessing
Group Awareness: All non-elf allies within 5 squares of Raiyek gain a +1 bonus to Perception.[/sblock]

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
"I'll do just that my friend (shouting towards Raiyek) Hopefully the cube will swallow me up. I prefer battling the beast while I'm inside of him...easier fo me to hit... HA AH HA!" , Kruk screams while laughing insanely, obviously caught up in the moment of battle...exactly where he wants to be.

[sblock=Raiyek]
I believe so (speaking of IG). Why do you roleplay her turn so that we can keep things moving.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

johnmeier1

Explorer
As Kruk's blow sweeps the cube away and off from around him, Georg shakes himself to remove as much of the ooze as possible. He slams his staff down into the muck with a splat but again thunder flies towards the ooze disrupting its cohesion.

[sblock=OOC]Without a map I'm not sure I can use Thunderwave without hitting an ally, but 4 of the 9 squares are the cube (the other 5 can be to the southwest of the cube)[/sblock][sblock=OOC]
Standard action: Thunderwave
1d20+4=16 (versus Fortitude) for 1d6+4=10 Thunder damage
Maybe a move action once I see the map but probably not.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Anyone who wants the map please send an e-mail to my username at gmail.com and I'll send the most recent update
[/sblock]

Remove ads