• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A public apology to Kapalen

Imperialus

Explorer
I feel the need to post to offer my sincere apologies to Kapalen for a number of comments that I made on another thread. It's paper-writing season and I've been under a significant amount of stress not to mention a lack of sleep though that in no way excuses my post. I needed to vent and unfortunately Kapalen provided a convenient though undeserving target. Though I did object to how you treated the situation it was no reason for me to fly off the handle like that. I know with certainty that I was almost definatly one of the ones referred to in Pielorinho's post and I am most definatly ashamed about it. I've been a member of these (or previous incarnations of these) boards since before 3rd edition was released and have never before flown off the handle like that. *edit* If anything that makes what I posted even worse, I know the rules, and I know that basic civility is one of the things that makes these boards worthwhile. It shouldn't have been the job of a moderator to tell me to shut up, I should have taken care of that myself. I accused Kapalen of being juvenile numerous times. Really it was me who needed to grow up a bit.*/edit*

In short I offer my sincerest apologies to Kapalen, Pielorinho, Morrus, and the other mods, and anyone else who had to read what I wrote.

:(

Last edited:

Sebastian Francis

First Post
Imperialus said:
I feel the need to post to offer my sincere apologies to Kapalen for a number of comments that I made on another thread. It's paper-writing season and I've been under a significant amount of stress not to mention a lack of sleep though that in no way excuses my post. I needed to vent and unfortunately Kapalen provided a convenient though undeserving target. Though I did object to how you treated the situation it was no reason for me to fly off the handle like that. I know with certainty that I was almost definatly one of the ones referred to in Pielorinho's post and I am most definatly ashamed about it. I've been a member of these (or previous incarnations of these) boards since before 3rd edition was released and have never before flown off the handle like that.

In short I offer my sincerest apologies to Kapalen, Pielorinho, Morrus, and the other mods, and anyone else who had to read what I wrote.

I'm not familiar with the posts or the thread, but I admire your apology. It's a classy thing to do. Bless you, bro.

Mystery Man

First Post
I had to go read it, and like a train wreck just couldn't look away. Fell out of my chair at the "PHAT L3WT AND EP'S!!11!!one!!11I11" thing. I'm remembering that one for my players.

Kapalen

First Post
I know you didn't mean any of that stuff. Same as I don't mean all the mean things I may or may not of said about you behind your back. It's all in good fun. If you ever need to rip on somebody, I'm here for you.

Coredump

Explorer
Imperialus said:
Well, I read what you wrote, and really don't think this apology is necessary. I counted 1 bad and 3 questionable sentences out of a very long post.

I commend you for making the apology, but disagree that it was as bad as you are stating...

Kuld

Explorer
Regardless of what was said, you feel bad about it and have the courage to apologize. I love the “keep your back straight, chin up and chest out and take your lumps like an adult” approach. This seems to be a rarity now days and I applaud you for it.

Good on you; both of you. :)

Imperialus

Explorer
Coredump said:
Well, I read what you wrote, and really don't think this apology is necessary. I counted 1 bad and 3 questionable sentences out of a very long post.

I commend you for making the apology, but disagree that it was as bad as you are stating...

Even if I didn't come out and directly insult him as much as I could the tone and feeling behind the post was very hostile. That, as much as calling him a jackass, is the reason for my apology.

Kapalen: Thank you for your responce.

Imperialus

Explorer
Thanks Henry. I just wanted to put this somwhere that it would be seen, hence the reason it was in General. I think the subject is pretty well done with now though. Kapalen and I seem to both be willing to put it behind us so the thread has done what it's supposed to.

Remove ads