• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A question about a God im creating ...

Angelsboi

First Post
Her name is Veriday (it means Justice). She is Neutral and her followers are from NG to NE. She is the goddess of Justice and Vengence.

Her name is Veriday (it means Justice). Im trying to think of what 3 nicknames would be good for her. And another Domain.

Veriday
?, ?, ?
Symbol: A warhammer with a set of scales balanced on the hammer's head.
Home Plane: The Courthouse of Retribution, The Outlands
Alignment: Neutral
Portfolio: Vengence, Retribution, Freedom, Law, Justice
Worshippers: Judges, Lawyers, Barristers, Anyone scroned and in need of vengence
Alignments: LN, N, NE, NG, CN
Domains: Retribution, Law, ?
Favored Weapon: Warhammer

Veriday has many appearances but she likes the one she likes best is a young woman in half plate, with shoulder length, wind tossed blond hair and the face of youthful innocence, all the while carrying her warhammer. Her dark blue cloak is lined in a silvery color as is her tunic, leggings and boots.

Dogma: Veriday is the patron of those who seek vengence and retribution, more importantly, justice. The scorned wife who discovered her lover cheating on her with a so-called best friend or the young man who was injured in someone's careless prank and is now crippled for the rest of his life. She shines on her followers who take time out of their lives to help solve a dispute fairly or help someone gain rightful vengence. Rumours persist of a sect of Veriday who focus solely on the vengence aspect of things. They are called The Sisters of Vengence. Many do not know if this is true or not.

Clergy and Temples: Clerics of Veriday are easy to spot. They usually carry around a warhammer or are scene in blues and silvers. The churches of Veriday are always very structured. She insists that there is always one person in charge who knows the Law so that proper justice can be served and not just dealt with out of speed and hurry. The churches resemble courthouses with a few modifications to suit the priests and priestesses that reside there. Veriday's clerics wear any type of armor, but favor half-platemail and carry warhammers.

Last edited:

Kibo

Banned
Banned
If she's the "judge" wouldn't she have more of a lawful neutral bent?

For domains you could go with knowledge (precidence in law), liberation (freedom element), but I'm partial to community.

Some other portfolio elements you might like
Balance, Judgement, possibly truth (or even truth and lies, lawyers remember :)), watchfulness, wisdom.

Voadam

Legend
Nickname: The blind

blindness is traditionally associated with lady justice, usually to signify equal treatment before the law but here it could also (ironically) symbolize the blinding obsesssion that veangeance can become. I believe the darkness domain from FRCS has blindfighting as a domain power.:)

Kibo

Banned
Banned
If she didn't exactly suit my tastes without it, and she would be the preminant divine figure, and figure strongly in the campaign, I would. It's not that it would take a lot of work, but that if it isn't nessecary, do something else that will figure more prominently. Time is the most finite of resources.

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
As for nicknames, how about Lady of Adamant, Implacable One, Friend To The Honest, Victim's Champion or just Champion, Scourge, Lady with the Hammer.

Is her warhammer going to have a name? You could name it Vengeance.

And yes, I'd make a vengeance domain. It souds cool!

Deadguy

First Post
I agree with those that say a Vengeance domain sounds right as an aspect of this deity. Whilst Vengeance is not normally considered a 'Lawful' act, there are plenty of codes that expect a person to stand up for himself and seek justice personally for slights against his person, his family or his group (think of the traditional Mafia code).

As for nicknames, ideally you want to encapsulate the three aspects of Justice that will typically show up in her priesthood (Lawful Good, Lawful Neutral and Lawful Evil seem the natural alignments for her priesthood, notwithstanding that Neutral is a possibility). So she is Merciful, Blind and Vengeful depending on whom you ask. Perhaps the Merciful Queen, the Lady of Law and the Scourge of the Treacherous.

Angelsboi

First Post
Well, i eventually hope to creatt 'Vengence Demons' (Thanks Joss) as a sect of her order that is Neutral to Neutral Evil

I will create the Vengence Domain and post it on here =)

Remove ads