• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A question about beer.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
No no no!!! No icecubes in beer, no! It ruins it! Totally, completely ruins! Taken from fridge it stays cool enough for some half an hour. Enough to enjoy it. No need to artificially water it down with ice...

Agreed completely. You never, ever, EVER put ice in beer. I addition to watering it down it speeds up the rate of which it'll go flat.

ssampier

First Post
No no no!!! No icecubes in beer, no! It ruins it! Totally, completely ruins! Taken from fridge it stays cool enough for some half an hour. Enough to enjoy it. No need to artificially water it down with ice...

How about a cold glass?

I prefer beer from the bottle* or from the tap; not a can fan.

*especially Guinness bottles that have the do-hickey in it.

How about a cold glass?

I prefer beer from the bottle* or from the tap; not a can fan.

*especially Guinness bottles that have the do-hickey in it.
A FROSTED glass is traditionally okay (ice is kept to a minimum but the frozen glass confers optimum heat transfer). Cold glasses are also acceptable. I'll second your last two quotes (especially your final one).

Pbartender

First Post
Actually keeping it in a refrigerator that is turned off is a bad choice because humidity will build up and the heat will skunk it.

Humidity does not equal heat, and even so humidity would not affect beer that is sealed inside a bottle or can.

Everyone... Also don't forget the fact that most beer you buy in the store has already been sitting around at room temperture in a warehouse, truck or store shelf for days, if not weeks. Letting it sit in your cupboards at home for another week won't make that much difference.

Humidity does not equal heat, and even so humidity would not affect beer that is sealed inside a bottle or can.

Everyone... Also don't forget the fact that most beer you buy in the store has already been sitting around at room temperture in a warehouse, truck or store shelf for days, if not weeks. Letting it sit in your cupboards at home for another week won't make that much difference.

True, in the purest sense, however, a closed, non-running refrigerator is not letting it set in your cupboards, and while not putting it in an oven, the ambient temperature in a sealed non-running 'frige' is much higher than if you just pulled it out and left it. Likewise humidity is a change in pressure and CAN affect the carbonation retention (especially in bottles as even the best sealed caps will leak over time). I reiterate - COOL, DRY storage. Cool being a relative term, not cold, not refrigerated, not even below 50 degrees F, but room temp or below.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil

Actually, having seen a big brewery's warehouse practices, it will sit in one for as long as few months at worst. So you are right, it won't go bad in a flash unless you leave it to direct sunlight.

The One Ring

Banned
Banned
Actually, having seen a big brewery's warehouse practices, it will sit in one for as long as few months at worst. So you are right, it won't go bad in a flash unless you leave it to direct sunlight.

Then it'll blow up like a frog in a microwave!! LOL, only kidding. :lol:

Scutisorex

Explorer
Best thing you can do is buy beer the day you want to drink it, let it get cool/cold depending on your preference, and drink it that day. Pulling it in and out of the fridge will ruin it. Just drink it already! :D

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads