• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Race!(Orlandu wins by a hair)

Thaiger

First Post
Lyodin goes all around Pang-Wu Province putting up notices on every post, wall, door, wagon, and beggar. Since you can't avoid not seeing them, you decide to accually read one.

I, Lyodin of the Yen, am going to be holding a race in honor of our great Emperor Wunan. I will only be racing one person at a time though, and it will be first come, first serve.

Place: The fountain in Cho-ma Market Square
Time: During the Wunan Tournement

When you arrive at the square, you find Lyodin standing on the edge of the fountain next to a pole. The pole is as tall as him and on a hook at the top hangs a golden scarf.

"Ok, here's the deal. I've had six hooked poles with silver scarves set on the hooks throughout the market. First person to collect three and return hear for the golden scarf wins. The only rules is that the race must start and finish in the same place, here, and on the same day. Now who wants to go first."

OOC:
What this all means is that I want to do a four flag speed match in a rather unorthodox manner. First of all; flavor text should describe your efforts to make your way through a busy market to find the flags rather than fighting. Second, if the judges will allow it, I want the location of the fight to be "the fountain (enter direction) of the Cho-ma Market Square" for flavor reasons. Every things else can be randomly generated. Also, as the notice say, start and finish in the same place and day. So no Sneaky Tricks or Holy Days.

I'm not sure how available I'll be, but I hope to finish and start at least two races before the Tourny ends.

Lyodin
Copper Sash 2
2/1
Yen = 4
Signature Stlye- Manta Ray
Profiteer
Arena Fighter
Bribe Judges

Last edited:

Skarnkai

First Post
I would be glad to try a hand.. if allowed... I have a bit of a height advantage...

8-4
Yellow 0
Signature Styles: Turtle, Sword and Frog
Dojo Style: Ki-Rin
Master of Emotions
Chi Strike
and Fists of Fury

Last edited:

Thaiger

First Post
'Ah, Orlandu. Good to see you here and since your the first to arrive, I will race you first. Oh and don't worry about your hight. In a crowded market, it can be more of a hinderance.

Since we don't need to determine the condition of the fight, there is no need for insults. We just need a judge to start.

Kalanyr

Explorer
A cowled figure appears from nowhere.

A hiss issues forth
"The Mouth of The Spider Queen will judge this most unusual match. The Spider Queen has decreed this match to take place at the fountain south-east of the Cho-Ma Market Square on the day of the lizard."

This is a 4 flag speed match.

0 Flags Lyodin 0 Flags Orlandu

Last edited:

Kalanyr

Explorer
OOC- Unless there is an agreement I am unaware of insults are required to determine whether this is a Style,Standard,Strategy or Stategy(Judge Generated) for type.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Kalanyr said:
OOC- Unless there is an agreement I am unaware of insults are required to determine whether this is a Style,Standard,Strategy or Stategy(Judge Generated) for type.
Check the initial post of this thread - especially the last part:
OOC:
What this all means is that I want to do a four flag speed match in a rather unorthodox manner.
:)

Kalanyr

Explorer
OOC, Darkness I know, a speed match can be Strategy though, I believe , at least I have seen a speed strat match (I understand it probably won't be style since all speed would do is make it last as long as a normal standard match).

Thaiger

First Post
<OOC>Sorry, knew I was forgeting something. Standard Speed Match</OOC>

Lyodin darts off into the crowded market to find the first flag. Like a ladies fan at a court ball, he weaves and flows throw the crowd, with the occasional punch through a tight group. He throws his hands in front of his face as he stumbles through a live chicken shop in his search for a flag

The fan sucker punches the badlands; shields the pain of the foul!

Last edited:

Berandor

lunatic
But you know that Orlandu is fighting Kith at the moment?

Either wait, make it unofficial, or take another partner...

Berandor

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads