A Rather Odd Shovel [Judge: Bront]

Trouvere

Explorer
Keldar stares in dismay at this act of self-annihilation. "No, no... that's not how it was supposed to end," he says to himself. "We should have stopped her, struck her sword from her hand, or dropped her senseless but alive. But then... they put pirates to death in Fallon, I'm sure. She took the quickest way."

But he's drowned by the shouts of the crew. If there is anything that could rouse Keldar from thoughtfulness, it's cheering.

He turns from the dead elf and points his rapier directly at the surrendering pirate. "If you were to join your companion swimming for the shore within the space of ten heartbeats, I would make no move to stop you."

With who knows what effort, he flips on a broad smile. "Welcome aboard, Galwynn. Well fought. I suppose. When we have time, you must explain why you sang 'ummmmmm!' when you struck. Rapture, it is good to have you back, at last. You should get out of those wet things. Tarag! Master of water and fire, as well as hot air! Fimble! Splendid! But you cast the spell before they hit you. You should be sure to learn that spell from him when you're ready for it, Atomerasu."

"But the bravest in the battle was swift Keldar Warbray!" he sings.

"Sailors!" he calls, with a salute with his dagger hand in the direction of those who themselves took down enemies. "Did Keldar not say we would prevail? Behold the good ship Warbray, liberated from the unworthy ownership of cruel pirates!"

Boddynock

First Post
Tarag raises his eyes to heaven when Keldar starts to rabbit on again.

"Tomorrow I'm going to ask the Forge God for that spell that drowns out annoying noises," he muttered to himself.

When he hears Keldar telling the surrendering pirate to make off - "If you were to join your companion swimming for the shore within the space of ten heartbeats, I would make no move to stop you." - he scowls and says sharply, "I, on the other hand, would kill you before you'd gone three paces. Hold your ground!"

Last edited:

Solange

First Post
Rapture takes the time to reach back and wring her hair out now that the action has calmed a bit, which apprently got more reaction than she expected when Keldar remarked "Rapture, it is good to have you back, at last. You should get out of those wet things.". She simply smiles and noded to him, and he didn't seem to miss a beat.

"So, now what do we do with this ship?" she asks.

Trouvere

Explorer
Keldar gives a resigned shrug to the elven pirate before answering Rapture.

"First, we paint her new name on the prow! The Warbray. No, the Fighting Warbray. Or... the Magnificent Warbray! And then we sail her on to Fallon. Perhaps we sell her. Or perhaps we keep her and sail the rivers and oceans to far off lands in search of adventure."

"As for our own vessel - her captain abandoned her. Does she, and her cargo, not now belong to her first mate and crew? Or should we retrieve him?"

covaithe

Explorer
"Let him swim," Tommy growls. The effect is not particularly ferocious. "Keldar, keep in mind that we're going to Fallon. You know, city with waterfalls a thousand feet high? Unless you can rename it the Flying Warbray, you're going to have to part ways with it eventually. Perhaps you should politely ask our new captain here," he gestures to the erstwhile first mate, "...for the loan of some of his sailors, if they can be spared, as a prize crew."

Boddynock

First Post
"A good thought, Tommy. Now, when you've finished tying up those prisoners, come see me and I'll give you what healing I can. Then we can decide where we're going to take this lot."

OOC: Surely there's a settlement or two on the lake?

Trouvere

Explorer
"Thousand foot waterfalls!? Why hasn't anyone mentioned that to me?" Keldar exclaims. "Well, then, there still must be docks at the top. If we have to part with the Furious Warbray, then at least we'll see some gold for her. Until then, I'm the captain!"

"Master Mate, I mean, Cap'n, we be lookin' teh hire some crew fer a short an' uneventful voyage t' Fallon! Arrr!"

Solange

First Post
"The Warbray is a good name for her. Something effiminent, as it is a lady," Rapture says, patting one of the rails of the new ship.

Trouvere

Explorer
"Alas for those who cannot recognise gentility, refinement, delicacy and restraint," Keldar remarks to the air, busying himself with cleaning his weapons.

Task completed, he sheathes the dagger and strikes a dramatic pose as his longbow lifts from the deck and floats through the air to his waiting hand.

Remove ads