A rather substantial problem...:(

A

A'Lathim Ver'Agra

It won't let me (damien_narshlem) input a description. I enter my password into both slots and I put:
/describe edit / TEXT /.
In my decription window.
I have tried with multiple browers (java, user default, etc.)
Any ideas?:( I'm fresh out

S

Ssussunriyh

Are you sure you're doing it correctly, using the proper commands? One little mistyped character can mess everything up.

For a refresher course, see this shameless plug.

W

WizO_Pounamu

Ok, I'll assume we're talking about the chat here. The easiest way most people can change things on their account is the typed commabnds. These are things you type into the chat itself, not separate windows.

They come in four different kinds: easy to get, chance to get and private and change. Easy is your description, where everyone knows or learns how to "/look at" your character. Chance to get is like your /url, which makes your name a link when someone first enters the room (and the chat tells you who's in the room). Private is the info that you put on your name such as /email that only yourself and site staff such as wizos can look at. Yeah, it may seem pointless to you but we can use that to give you new passwords if you have difficulty by emailing them straight to the address on your account. No, the chat does not "keep" the email address from when you originally register, you have to put it on yourself. It's one of the many glitches in the current program. :( Change is for passwords. There is no command anyone has to bring up your password. If you lose your password, a new one has to be created.

*Important!* Although this works for the time on Cheetachat, the changed won't last if you are using that program. (It won't be there next time you log on.) If you use cheetachat regularly, try switching to the default ichat just for the times when you want to change your details.

To write a description on the chat, type in

/describe edit

And you should be given the instructions. Basically, on the next line you type in a / followed by whatever you want in your description.
If you want another paragraph, repeat the process on the next line.
The last line type only /. . This is important because that little code on its own tells the program that you have finished. When you have done that, the chat will ell you that you have successfully changed your description (or something like that :angel: ).

*important:* One of those glitches. Some people may need to refresh their browser window after completing their description. You know if you have to, because the chat ignores you trying to type anything further in. ><

Once you have written your description, you can check it either by typing in
/describe
or /look at followed by your full screen name.

You cannot "edit" your description using this technique because you never actually touch what might have been there before. You simply replace the whole thing. For this reason, some people like to keep their descriptions in documents on Word or Notepad and copy/paste it into the chat when they make or remake their description.

Other handy commands are:

/email followed by your email address to set the email on your account.
/email without anything after it to see what your email address is set to.
Only yourself and site staff such as wizos can see information you put there.

/url followed by your full url to link your screen name to a website.
/url without anything after to see what you have your url set to.
Don't forget, if you link to a blatantly offensive url you may get in trouble or have it wiped off.

To change your password, type in:
/password
On the next line type in a / followed by your current password.
On the next line type in a / followed by your new password.
On the next line type in a / followed by your new password to confirm it. You should then get a message that you successfully changed it.

Any questions? ;)

- Pounamu

W

WizO_Pounamu

Good to hear! :)

Good luck, have fun. Might see you in chat sometime... but don't let that scare you off. :angel:

- Pounamu

Remove ads