• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Red and Pleasant Land

SavageCole

Punk Rock Warlord
A Red and Pleasant Land is a recent release from Lamentations of the Flame Princess. It's a setting book that will fuel imaginative play and slam a world-weary GM out of a rut.

Here's the basic story ... mash up Alice in Wonderland and vampires. Fill the pages with stunning imagery that triggers a mood of dangerous whimsy that a GM can tap right into Maps that are not only gorgeous, but extremely practical. And the tables. Sweet mother of- well, the tables will throttle you with possibilities and enable you to wow your players on the fly.

Now I'm not familiar with Vornheim, so maybe this is just par for the course with Zak S ... but I can say this is a gaming supplement that at once thrills and terrifies me. It's thrilling because there are so many entertaining concepts scattered across the pages of the thing. It's terrifying, because it's too much to every wrap your head around it and have perfect knowledge of it.

But that's really the beauty of it. You don't have to memorize every bit of detail in this thing and figure out how every little thing comes together and be hyper-prepared. You have to drink this stuff in and set mood then let the story rip. The material is there. The ideas and tables will not let you fail.

So maybe it's a campaign or long adventure for you. Maybe you steal ideas (like the Alice class or any of the tables), but buy and read this thing and it will elevate your game. I can't wait to play in this world with my friends.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads