"A reward beyond your wildest dreams!"

Shakira naked, covered in Whip-Cream and.....

Oh wait, you're talking about giving PC's too much loot.

I do it. All the time. Waaaayyy too much stuff. In my Epic Game, they have soo much cash its scary. (They bought a custom made Plane Travleing Ship for 1,000,000 gp without blinking).

Its a bad habit I have, but I've adjusted over time. The monsters they fight have more HP, better AC, etc. They have to pay more for things, etc.

In the end, I give out too much stuff, but I'm able to maintain game balance, but it didn't always use to be that way. When I first started, my players were like uber-gods, with more stuff than Paris Hilton after a month long shopping spree.

Now, I content with the amount of treasure I give out, even if it's more (a lot more), than what the DMG says is normal.

(Whip-Creeeammmm, Ummmmm)

S'mon

Legend
yennico said:
I like the idea of the armor.
What are effects of a crushed limb?
how you determine which limb is crushed without a hit location table?

Limb is unusable unless Regenerate. A d4 works fine, though I use a d5 (d10/2) & include the head. :)

Pielorinho

Iron Fist of Pelor
Along the "overqualified" line, it'd be tempting to say, "You want the mace, eh? Not for this trivial job, but if you think you can handle it, I've got this other job for you to do...."

After the PCs experience a humiliating TPK at the hands of the vastly too-powerful enemy they're sent up against, they might think twice about overreaching in the future :)

Daniel

yennico

First Post
S'mon said:
Limb is unusable unless Regenerate. A d4 works fine, though I use a d5 (d10/2) & include the head. :)
crushed arm can not be used for attacks. One crushed leg reduces the movement by X?
But a crushed head means dead?

S'mon

Legend
yennico said:
crushed arm can not be used for attacks. One crushed leg reduces the movement by X?
But a crushed head means dead?

Crushed leg -50% move, can't charge or run, just hop. Crushed skull = dead, like w vorpal.

yennico

First Post
S'mon said:
Crushed leg -50% move, can't charge or run, just hop. Crushed skull = dead, like w vorpal.
How would you define the crushing ability by the rules?
Crushing ability:
This ability can only applied to a weapon which does bludgeoning damage?
On a successful crit a limb is crushed. The effect last as long the limb is not target of a regenerate spell.

To determine the limb roll a d10/2:
1-2 head effect: The victim is dead
3-4 right arm effect: can not be used for attacks
5-6 left arm effect: can not be used for attacks
7-8 right leg effect: reduced move by 50 %, can't charge or run, just hop
9-10 left leg effect: reduced move by 50 %, can't charge or run, just hop

School??? ; CL ??th; Craft Magic Arms and Armor, spells? Price +??? bonus.

One the reasons the party demands so much loot is they believe they are the only people capable of handling the adventure/mission. Throw in some competition. Make up some rival NPC adventuring squad(s).

When they demand 25Kgp from the local noble to extract a goblin tribe from the forest have the Noble thank them for the their time and assign the adventure to another group.

Have the same one or two rival groups out bid the PCs for few jobs and steal their glory/fame. Glory can sometimes be a reward in its self if the PCs see a rival stealing theirs.

The rivals can also be set up to meet the PCs in a tavern after a successful adventure the PCs had turned down or were out bid for. A good non-lethal brawl can be fun. :lol:

One thing I've been working with lately is rewarding PCs with items that have worth outside of GP value. Things that have cultural, aesthetic, or historical value. Like a jewelled sword sheath, non-magical rings that also function as token of good will, or a onyx-studded silk sash given by a desert princess they aided.

S'mon

Legend
yennico said:
School??? ; CL ??th; Craft Magic Arms and Armor, spells? Price +??? bonus.

Well the only item IMC that has this is a 4000 year old artifact that was a direct gift from Odin to a legendary king. Price is whatever people will pay - I think the deity PC Thrin paid millions to buy it from Graz'zt and give it to his agent Ulfius, now Archduke Ulfius of Colladel.

Remove ads