• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A sad day for DC Comics based movies!

edventure

First Post
Meh.

Jack Black as the Green Lantern. I thought they said they wanted to make a comedy? Jack Black isn't funny.

You want a comedy? Get Jimmy Fallon, I hear he's looking for work.

Greatwyrm

Been here a while...
Ranger REG said:
P.S. Because pro wrestling is scripted. Not fake, just scripted. Besides, it would look awkward announcing the pairs of Stone Cold Steve Austin & Triple H.

I'd wager figure skating routines are far more practiced than pro-wrestling matches.

Ranger REG

Explorer
Greatwyrm said:
I'd wager figure skating routines are far more practiced than pro-wrestling matches.
True, but you still need to judge manuevers (whether they're high-risk, high-flying, and/or basic fundamentals) for the technical performance category. The artistic is the choreagraphy and the ability to "sell" pain throughout the match performance.

Last edited:

Ranger REG

Explorer
edventure said:
Jack Black as the Green Lantern. I thought they said they wanted to make a comedy? Jack Black isn't funny.
You don't think so? Because I find him funnier than Jim Carrey. Heck Jim Carrey is nowhere near funnier than Robin Williams. :p

edventure said:
You want a comedy? Get Jimmy Fallon, I hear he's looking for work.
Well, there is that Superman project that needs to be finished, even though McG dropped out as a director. :lol:

Agamon

Adventurer
Dear God in heaven, noooooooo!

They have the potential to create an incredible GL movie, and we get this? It sure as hell better not be true!

I like Jack Black, I like comedies, but I oh-so-hate this idea. GL was my absolute favorite back in the day.

Agamon

Adventurer
Klaus said:
Essential Green Lantern reading:

Green Lantern/Green Arrow
Green Lantern regular series in the year prior to Crisis (and during Crisis)
Emerald Dawn

In these comics we see that Hal Jordan wasn't a Guardians yes-man (he stood up to them quite a few times, and quit the Corps more than once, and didn't go crazy when the love of his life turned out to be Star Sapphire), Guy Gardner wasn't originally a moron with Moe's haircut (he was Ultimate Green Lantern before there was an Ultimate idea around, and he had close-cropped hair), John Stewart wasn't a suave architect (when he got the ring, in the 70s, he gave new meaning to the phrase "Beware My Power")...

And there's something to be said about a man that gets dropped 11,000 feet without a power ring or a parachute and simply relaxes and waits for the inevitable with a serene mind (Hal Jordan is the original "Man Without Fear"... literally).

Wow, couldn't have said it better myself.

I wonder how Hal's doing now that he's back as GL. I mean, quitting and then coming back as GL was one thing. But going insane and destroying the Corps and the Guardians, turning into an 'Event BBG', sacrificing his life to save the world, returning as the new Spectre, and then coming back as GL is a bit different...I'm sure Batman probably still holds a grudge.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads