• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Scarred Lands question for Nightfall

Drendari has the domains Entrancement and Shadow. I know this was discussed on the SSS boards, but I can't remember what was posted. Does she have any other domains?

Talaysen

First Post
Well, I'm not Nightfall, but I know a bit about the Scarred Lands. I just checked "The Divine and the Defeated," and unfortunately, Drendari's domains aren't listed - at least not where they should be. I'd have to do some more research before I could say anything for sure, but most demigods in the SL have only two official domains. According to the introduction to the demigods chapter, clerics of a given demigod may ALSO take their god's alignment as domains, as long as the domains taken in that manner match the cleric's own alignment. Drendari is chaotic neutral; thus, a chaotic good or chaotic evil follower could take the Chaos domain, but a true neutral follower could not. (Sadly, there is no Neutrality domain yet. ;) )

So there's my preliminary answer, posted mainly because I wanted to beat Nightfall to the punch for once. :) I'll dig around a bit and see if I can't uncover anything else. Hope this helps.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Well I'm sure Chaos is definately one of them. (Remember you can use a god's alignment for things unless they TN) Btw Taly, even though they aren't listed in the book, the Entrancement and Shadow domains are in Div&theDef. I would also say "Trickery" but that's not an offical answer to my knowledge BUT I do believe it's definately within Drendari's dominion. But Chaos, Entrancement and Shadow are her "official" domains. Unofficially, you could added Trickery. But that's about it. Hope that was helpful Bone.

Talaysen

First Post
So they are. :) Well, I was mainly examining Drendari's entry; I was going to take a closer look at the book in a bit.

Trickery does seem appropriate as well, yes.

Nightfall

I understand Taly. I was just saying that while they weren't listed, there were two other domains. Anyway I feel that Drendari is as powerful as Nemorga, thus deserves more than three domains.

Thanks guys. You've heped out a lot. I also think you could make a strong case for the Trickery domain for the fact that her parents are two of the biggest tricksters in the SL universe. That, and it's documented that she finds great sport in pitting her mother (Belsameth) against her aunt (Madriel).

Talaysen

First Post
Oh - no, I think you misunderstood my post. I was counting Entrancement and Shadows as Drendari's "official" domains - it sounded about right, and the fellow who asked seemed to know what he was talking about - and counting Chaos as the alignment domain. I wasn't disputing the assertion that she had those two domains.

Nightfall

Oh my mistake Taly! :)

Btw Bone glad that was helpful. I think though you may have to check out the S&SS forum. I'm thinking of starting a debate about the actual RANKING (not DR but power levels: Greater, Intermediate etc) for the Demi-gods. (I doubt anyone will dispute the Eight are Greater gods but I'll put that up in there too anyway.)

That'll be cool, Night. I am really getting into this who diety thing. Plus I am hoping when we have our info on Termana, we have a few more dieties detailed. I am interrested in seeing Tamul's stats.

Nightfall

:) You missed the Otossal history idea. I have to say it was a group effort BUT it was a NICE effort. And it was all thanks to Rappen Athuk! ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads