• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Short Return, Amongst Other Things

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Yeah... I got nothing.

Long ago and far away I was a prolific DM and player on these boards, at the height of my insanity running over a dozen games and playing in at least a like number. Then many things happened. I lost my job, the one I had gone to college for, abetted by poor personal planning and mental health issues. Then I spent a year back in my hometown, working two jobs to make ends meet. Then finally getting a well-paying job at an aluminum factory, a position I've finally held for over a year now.

During this transitional period, my gaming became flakier and flakier. I had often harped to my players to warn me when life sent them a curve ball, and then what did I do when that happened to me? Dropped off the face of the planet without a warning. I can only off an apology to the DMs I left in the lurch and the players I abandoned. A lot of times you guys really helped to brighten my day with your creativity and enthusiasm.

On the plus side, I've purchased a house, gotten engaged, and have set a date for my wedding (Valentine's Day, 2008). Yes, I'm marrying a gamer. And he's English too. ;)

I am actually engaged in three face-to-face games at this point in my life, one as a DM for a high-level Dawnforge campaign, one as a player for a low-mid level Eberron, and one as a transitional DM for a group of younger kids (I'm training one of them to take over from me when the wedding kicks into high gear).

I am making a brief return to these boards for the sake of my Dawnforge game, allowing my players to do a bit of PbP during an awkward scheduling time for all of us. I don't know if I will actually start or participate in any additional PbPs while I'm here, but I felt I owed you all an explantion as to why I'm suddenly popping up after all this time.

Game on!

doghead

thotd
Hey Isida,

Sounds like you have had a rough time. I'm sorry to hear that. But I'm glad to hear things are looking up. Congratulations on your engagement.

I do hope that one day we will see you recruiting again. You bring a lot to the boards. I never got the chance to play very much in your games. But I lurked around a bit, and your games gave me an insight into how things can be done, and inspired me to stretch myself as a DM.

doghead
aka thotd

Welcome back Ish..

I remember getting royally smished in your good vs evil campaign (mostly my fault for going for look vs mechanics.)

Hope things are better.. I know alll about the heath issues.

Remove ads