• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Simple Errand (DM:renau1g, Judge: covaithe)

nerdytenor

First Post
Dorn wakes up slowly, wiping the sleep from his eyes.

"Hmm. Cold this morning." Dorn examines his hands and finds a thin layer of frost coating them. None of his companions seem similarly chilled. Dorn lifts his dagger, using it as a mirror, and sees that his hair has turned an icy-blue. (Wild soul for the day - Cold)

[sblock=Dorn Stat Block]
Dorn, Half-Orc Sorcerer 3
Passive Perception 10, Passive Insight 10
AC 18, Fort 12, Reflex 15, Will 17 (base defenses)
HP 32/32 Bloodied 16 Surge Value 8, Surges 7/7
Speed 6, Initiative +8
Action Points: 1

Current Effects
Wild Soul: Cold (resist 5, ignore 5 enemy resistance)

Encounter Resources
Bedeviling Burst
Ice Dragon's Teeth
Furious Assault
Half-Orc Resilience
Second Wind
Use Action Point

Daily Resources
Ice Javelins
Deep Shroud
Deathstalker Dagger
Repulsion Leather Armor

1x potion of healing
[/sblock]

Reklaw

First Post
[sblock=OOC]I think that's the plan, think that we all thought something big was about to happen. :p[/sblock]

Rrek packs up his bed roll, throwing his pack over his shoulder and waiting as the rest of the camp gets organized.

Kalidrev

First Post
Crag stands and packs up his few belongings. Seeing that the others are doing the same, he readies to lead the group back to Daunton.

"Your look different, Dorn. Did your magic do that to you?"

nerdytenor

First Post
Dorn smiles sheepishly at Crag's question.

"Yeah... It was fun the first few times it happened..." Dorn strokes his hair self-consciously, pulling out a stray icicle.

"How are your, er, systems feeling today, Crag?"

Kalidrev

First Post
Crag looked curiously at the shard of ice that Dorn pulls out of his hair.

"That is an interesting transformation. Aren't you afraid that you will freeze to death? As for me, I am in fighting shape and am ready to get back to Daunton. Though between you and me, I am beginning to wonder as to why our employer wanted this staff so badly. I have had terrible visions of the wielder of this staff. I just hope that we were not sent on some fools errand for someone who would use the staff for evil."

renau1g

First Post
The group begins their march back towards Daunton, the way seems less difficult now that your task is behind you. As you are walking along through the forested area, you all feel the air distort and a thunderclap followed by a bright light. From the back of your group, a githyanki in full plate and bearing a silver greatsword appears out of a blue-ish portal. He is accompanied by a pair of scale armored giths bearing silver longswords.

The humanoid steps forward, "Ahh...Rrek, we've missed you. It has taken some time, but with your recent..escapades, you've been brought to our attention. Thank you for making it easier to track you down. Now, I believe you need to come with us and we'll ...discuss... your punishment." the githyanki says, his massive blade wielded with clear skill.

[sblock=Rrek]
You recognize this as K'rala, and despite your dislike for the other gith you know full well his prowess with the blade. The others with him are unknown to you, but they also appear to be experts with their blades. [/sblock]

Reklaw

First Post
Rrek turns towards K'rala, his expression sour. "You mind-slave, punish me? For what? Getting pushed off the ship by your cronies?!" Rrek pauses, emotions warring over his face.

"Look, I have information that TEMPORAL needs to know. After I pass that on to them I'll leave you alone completely."

Rrek sighs, sheathing his sword and walking to K'rala, his hands raised and linked between his head.

Before entering the portal he turns to his fellow adventurers. "I.. Thanks for everything. You have shown me what true comrades are like. Thank you, again."

Dekana

Explorer
Just seeing Dorn makes Jax shiver. "Looks cold" he says succinctly. Meanwhile, he stows his bedroll and prepares his traveling gear.

Jax jumps with a start when the portal erupts into being. He dashes between a tree to get out of sight. Even when a fight doesn't immediately break out, he remains behind the tree, shaking with anticipation. He finally peeks around the trunk when Rrek announces his surrender.

"Aah, Rrek! You will not stay with us? We can help if you want. Your friends do not look so tough. We'll protect you!"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads