• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A simple fix to balance fighters vs. casters ?

Dandu

First Post
When I said I trusted you to be fair and balanced, I assumed you would not pull out antimagic items that 1) do not exist in the books, 2) affect a space much larger than a 10 ft radius, 3) did not affect the fighter and 4) do not affect the rather large dragon in the room.

Let me be frank here; if your intent is to say "The DM can come up with any situation to nullify your abilities" then yes, you are correct. However, that is not what is being discussed here, is it? It is the ability of two classes to overcome a challenge designed to see if either class is overpowered.

Also, Shrink Item can be used to make shrunken cone hats that turn into large hats upon entering an AMF, which then envelope the wearer, which then cuts off line of Effect, which then allows for Teleportation. If you really want to go this route.

CrazyNinjabeast

First Post
it was in the doorway that you so rudely entered in through, and it was a basic safety measure, after all dragons don't grow old by being stupid, now it's your move, and roll you fort

Dandu

First Post
Crazyninja, do you realize that 1) it is very poor form to retroactively change the situation to suit your needs, especially when it involves using items that do not exist in any book and 2) you can't cast a spell on someone in an AMF (with minor exceptions that Reduce Person does not qualify for).

Also, if we're really doing this, 3) Shrunken hat cuts off Line of Effect.

CrazyNinjabeast

First Post
actually no, why do I care, pardon my language but your obviously a bigot, and can't be reasoned with. melee combatants can be just as resourceful as spell casters, and that is the last you will hear from me regarding the matter

Dandu

First Post
actually no, why do I care, pardon my language but your obviously a bigot, and can't be reasoned with. melee combatants can be just as resourceful as spell casters, and that is the last you will hear from me regarding the matter

If I have offended you, I apologize, but my intent was to show that a spellcaster could basically give up a huge tactical advantage and still come out ahead, something that I remain willing to do if you are interested in seeing the strategy I had in mind.

Spoiler: It involved Time Stop and Gate to summon a Dream Larvae.

Also, I urge you to edit your post in case a moderator infracts you for flaming, which would be most unfortunate.

Dandu, that use for Gate to summon a Dream Larvae makes me nauseous. Sure it requires a 20th level caster, but that only goes to show how insane high-level campaigns can get.

Dandu

First Post
If it makes you feel better, that was only intended as a demonstration of maximum power. Under normal circumstanced I'd just Summon Monster 7 something and maybe PAO it into something useful.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads