A Sojourn in Sairundan [Judge: Manzanita]

Phoenix8008

First Post
Kurgahz fires off his crossbow... Attack and Damage (1d20+0=9, 1d8=5) (DM- Apply whatever negatives based on range) and shoots wide of the Ogre. "Taurusk's horns!" Kurgahz curses as he gets angry about missing and feeling useless. Moving forward after taking his shot, he closes the distance between him and the monster.

AGFlynn

First Post
Cludge Slatefist, Fighter 2 (HP:23 AC:15)

Cludge positions himself between the monster and the missile weapon wielders (Move Action) and readies a partial charge for when the monster comes within range.
He will attack with his greatsword, no power attack.
Seeing Conuld stop and taunt the monster, he'll throw in his two cents
Ye wants some coin, do ya, beastie? he bellows.
We'll here it is in me pocket! Come and get it if'n ya can!

Last edited:

Trouvere

Explorer
Conuld, human transmuter 1 (AC 12, HP 6/6)

Conuld, seeing that the ogre has stopped its pursuit, wavers. He throws a few more insults at it, in Goblin, then, spotting Kurgahz and Cludge breaking cover, zips back at top speed to where he left the group, to reclaim his crossbow.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Shadya's arrow flies true, but she can't tell if the projectile penetrated the giant's thick hide armor. The ogre, rather than attacking, stares ahead with a contorted expression, motionless.

(Ogre is stunned this round. Conuld's up. )

Initiative:
Conuld «
Lasair
Shadya
Kurgahz
Cludge
Ogre (stunned)

AGFlynn

First Post
Cludge Slatefist, Fighter 2 (HP:23 AC:15)

Rae ArdGaoth said:
Shadya's arrow flies true, but she can't tell if the projectile penetrated the giant's thick hide armor. The ogre, rather than attacking, stares ahead with a contorted expression, motionless.

(Ogre is stunned this round. Conuld's up. )

Initiative:
Conuld «
Lasair
Shadya
Kurgahz
Cludge
Ogre (stunned)

OOC: How far away is the ogre? From Cludge that is?

Solange

First Post
OOC: Yeah, distance would be nice. Not sure if I'm firing or charging this round, and I had a move action left to draw my scimitar and dagger if I'm close from last round.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: One more Ego Whip--it should be quite far from her to start, but if the stun ever fails, use leftover move actions to maintain 70 foot distance from Ogre)

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
The ogre is 200' away from the closest person in the treeline. If Cludge wants to move half way (100') then he has to run. Can he make it that far? I don't think so, 20' base speed x4 is 80'. The ground here is rocky, but it shouldn't pose a problem with movement until you get close to the bridge. Imagine a long riverbank, about 10' wide from the river to the treeline. There is a 5' dirt path along the bank through the rocks, right up against the treeline. There is 5' of shallows all along the river that you could probably walk through without swimming. The riverbank near the bridge gets very rocky, and the path along the river does little to help movement; there's about a 30' radius of rocky bank. At the start of the bridge is a small clearing, extending about 20' into the forest, turning into a 5' path leading into the woods. The forest is pretty thick, and offers excellent cover but would hamper ranged weapons if you were firing through it. But you're not, you're firing down the riverbank, diagonally across it.

OOC: I probably should've described the layout first thing, but let me get back into the swing of DMing again. =P I apologise for missing Conuld's action and Shadya's question. I hesitate to make a map, because I won't be able to do this at work anymore, but I will resort to that if we need to.

10:36:24: Conuld, having been only 40' from the others, makes it to his weapon and picks it up.

Lasair sends another blast of mental energy at the ogre. Its mind reels and the ogre is stunned again. (4 Cha dmg, failed save.)

OOC: I need to check the range on that power. I'm gonna be annoyed if I give us another reason to retcon. =P

Remove ads