A Sojourn in Sairundan [Judge: Manzanita]

Trouvere

Explorer
Conuld inspects his own wound and is relieved to see it is not much more than a scratch. "Thank you for keeping an eye on me from the other end of the bridge, Cludge," he says. "I was a little too busy to answer... one of them got through my guard, and stopped me from casting. One day I swear that will not be possible. But we did well enough anyway. Although, I should have warned you, Shadya, that the ground was slippery. I only completed the formulation for that spell last night. It worked adequately, I suppose."
When it becomes apparent that the girls do not understand their speech, he tries a few tentative words in Elven, then in Goblin, and then with a self-mocking air, Draconic. "A waste of time," he says. "I don't know any other languages they might possibly speak. If their tongues loosen, I can cast a spell to understand their native tongue, whatever it might be, from a scroll if it seems important. Lasair, can you do something similar? I suppose you can look right inside their heads, or something."

Phoenix8008

First Post
Kurgahz moves to Cludge's side when he see's the blood stained shirt the dwarf wears. "Here, let me help you wit' that. Good fightin' you did, by da way." Kurgahz says before intoning a few gutteral words about blood and life in Orcish. With a flash of warmth and a quickening of Cludge's heartbeat, the wounds begin to heal...

Cure Light Wounds (1d8+1=7)

Solange

First Post
"I was aware. Normally I am more graceful," Shadya says. "It was quite effective."

Shadya strips away their weapons and other gear as she helps tie them up. "Is there a town near by?" She asks them.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I can feel their ziivash, but I am not yet powerful enough to perform a Mind Probe to gather specific information," Lasair offers, "Still, I know that the archer who surrendered and screamed bears the child of one of the fallen. Let us determine if we speak a language they understand. Odd that they do not speak the language that all other cultures seem oddly to speak, even my own which was separated from the rest of the world."

(OOC: She'll try Celestial, Sylvan, and Auran)

AGFlynn

First Post
Cludge Slatefist, Dwarven Fighter 2 HP:22 AC:15

Phoenix8008 said:
Kurgahz moves to Cludge's side when he see's the blood stained shirt the dwarf wears. "Here, let me help you wit' that. Good fightin' you did, by da way." Kurgahz says before intoning a few gutteral words about blood and life in Orcish. With a flash of warmth and a quickening of Cludge's heartbeat, the wounds begin to heal...

Cure Light Wounds (1d8+1=7)

Cludge grins widely at Kurghaz. Much obliged, friend, he says. But was little more'n a scratch -- a pinprick if'n ya will. All the same, was good ta come a brawlin' even iffen it warn't no fair fight. That'll do nicely now, he says, inspecting the newly healed flesh. Nicely indeed.
His face falls when he sees how young and dishevelled the bandits are. Azwan damn their eyes, they're babies! he says, shaking his bristly head. Doman' bekkan. Istaj miurjioc calllou? he tries in Dwarven.
Well, ain't no use in talkin' to 'em. you'd best try one a yer fancy spells, Connie. Mighty sorry I wasn't there ta take that there scratch fer ya.

OOC: There was one fatality, no?

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
As Lasair speaks, the girls look at one another, and then their unconscious companions. The crying girl simply stares at one of the boys (presumably the father?), but the stoic girl responds to Lasair in halting, unpracticed Sylvan, "Sae... ok-... okenla Ilsarindish."

Sylvan Translation: "
You speak the forest language
."

OOC regarding dead man: Yes, one bandit (B8) did die when I was NPCing Lasair. But since he was already out of the fight and it went against Lasair's nature to kill a downed man, we retconned it. (5 XP to the person who tells me how many freakin' retcons we've had to make so far.)

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Sylvan]"Yes, it is the language of the spirits of my homeland," Lasair replies, "I am glad that none were slain, but if it had been so, I fear the zij would have been yours for this attack. Please, I would like to help you and some of the others seem more intent to be less gentle--can you explain to me about those tattoos you bear and why you attacked us? Is that the symbol of your warrior society?"[/SBLOCK]

*Lasair speaks in a kind, measured tone, clearly indicating her compassion for the girls despite being the victim of this attack.*

(OOC: Diplomacy +18 if applicable)

Trouvere

Explorer
Conuld laughs, then winces as his abdomen twinges. "I gave up too soon. There is always one more tongue to try. Have these people had contact with fey, I wonder?" He continues in Sylvan.[sblock=Sylvan] "Did you attack us out of general ill will to strangers, or for your amusement, or out of desperate need?"[/sblock]

Remove ads