A Sojourn in Sairundan [Judge: Manzanita]

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Lasair nods.*

"Then it shall be so. If they wish to accept it, it is well within your right to choose the club, Kurghaz."

(OOC: The below is an edited version of the SBLOCK in the upper post)

[SBLOCK=Sylvan]"Light above! I meant for a repeated whipping that would just sting for a few days when you sat down, not a bludgeoning with a giant club. That isn't traditional at all. I communicated ineffectively with him, but he would not back down. It is his warrior way, I think. Still, you have earned his respect. He wishes you to tell Jonka and Jonda that as well when they recover. Your vhal in his eyes is all restored. And he assures me that Jonka and Jonda will come to in a few hours at most. The others...let's say his thoughts towards them are darker than my own. Let them be gone--the 2 platinum in coin I offer will carry them over so that they will not stoop to banditry again. If they do return to banditry and we catch them again, tell them we will show no mercy."

"Most of the others of my group don't seem to want to help you recover your vhal by repaying your zij to them. Shadya and I will still do so for us by allowing you to serve as tal zij until we reach the desert. Because Jilna is with child, I will let you off the hook after that for now, but perhaps we will meet again and I will be able to help you complete your term of service and completely restore your vhal."[/SBLOCK]

Phoenix8008

First Post
[sblock=OOC] No problem, AGFlynn. With what was said outside, Kurgahz could just as well be imagining the disapproving looks because he didn't entirely approve himself. Not that he'll admit that to anyone besides me of course... ;)

Lasair, thanks for an awesome chance to RP Kurgahz more deeply.

Sorry to all if that got a little too intense. But being chaotic neutral, it's a little tough to figure which way the "friendly neighborhood half-orc" will jump sometimes. This time, he decided to take it just far enough that Lasair would feel uncomfortable with what she had gotten started. That was his goal I guess and his desire to make her pay some for what he was gonna pay for internally be commiting such an act that he normally wouldn't do.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]:lol: You thanked Lasair instead of me. That's right--I'm so deep immersion, the character came alive! Or something.

I always have a lot of fun playing Lasair and her worldview, which is why it has always been sad when she got lost in games that were slowed to a halt and I didn't get to play her. She's still my favourite LEW character. Still, I sometimes do get wary as a player on the occasions where it seems like she may be causing too much friction. I'm glad that wasn't the case this time.[/SBLOCK]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
The four boys cower when Kurgahz glares at them. Samsa's gaze follows the half-orc all the way to the inn. He wears an expression of shame, anger, and terror.

Jilsa looks torn. She says a few words to the others, and Samsa suddenly looks very relieved. They discuss something briefly. In Sylvan Jilsa says, "
I do not wish to part with the others, but... they do not wish to travel with you. They will go ahead to Antreil and wait there for us to return from the desert. They thank you for your mercy and your generosity, as do I
."
She nods in respect to Lasair. The four boys each take their 2 platinum and kneel next to Jonda's recovering body, putting a hand on his shoulder. Bilda takes the platinum from Lasair. Then they leave, heading towards Antreil. Apparently they all decided not to sleep at this inn tonight.

Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: I figured it was up to both of you, since it required both Kurghaz's decision and a GM call to allow an intervention within the previous post ;) Does Jilsa have any comment on Lasair's further clarification?)
OOC: I figured I'd let some stuff resolve before I moved on. Also, you folks can interrupt my long posts at any point you wish. I do them to get things moving, not to steal your freedom. ;)

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Ah, not quite on the money. Those 4 rapscallions get 2 platinum for all 4, not 2 platinum each! It's enough to keep them from attacking somebody else for food for a while, but she will not give them quite so much ;))

[SBLOCK=Sylvan]"Very well then. And I apologise again for the way Kurghaz handled that, though you all showed great vhal by continuing to offer yourselves to receive the strikes despite this, and you can tell Jilna, Jonka, and Jonda that I said that as well. Even Kurghaz could see that after he was done."

"But let us not talk of such things any further, for not that it is done, your zij to him is erased. Come, let us head to the inn for now and tend to Jonka and Jonda. And we can speak as friends tonight. The time for that is now, as the tal zij will not begin until tomorrow when we leave."

*Lasair helps them gently move Jonka and Jonda towards the inn, as she asks.*

"So tell me, I am curious of your culture. I agree with you that the way people are treated is wrong, but the custom of having a spirit-sister or a spirit-brother seems to me similar to something my people will do, but it involves mastery of the ziivash and a bond between two people that I wasn't sure existed here. I am puzzling it out, but is the first syllable in your name 'Jil' an addendum you gain for the bond, while 'Na' and 'Sa' would be your names alone?"[/SBLOCK]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
[sblock=Kurgahz, Cludge, and Conuld, in the inn: ]The innkeeper gladly fills up another mug for Cludge. "Pleased to meet you, Cludge. I'm Hendrik Gellmann. That'll be four pennies, sir." He goes about preparing some food for Conuld and puts some bread, cheese, and broccoli on a plate as he answers his question about the orange-hatted man. "Ah, yes. You mean old Fehl Stilton. He's a trader, brings magical ingredients and spell components from the fens and the desert up to Orussus. I think he's got a few magic tricks up his own sleeve, as well. I like him, he's been staying here for years, Fehl has."

He then moves over to Kurgahz and says in a low, somewhat frightened voice. "Eh, sir. Ahem. My name is Hendrik Gelmann. Will you also be staying the night? Rooms are... are five silver a bed."[/sblock]

AGFlynn

First Post
Cludge Slatefist, Dwarven Fighter 2 HP:20 AC:15

[sblock=Kurghaz and Conuld] Cludge puts a silver piece on the bar and holds his new pint up for Connie to put a nice frost on it. He looks over at Kurghaz and motions toward the bar. C'mon Kurghaz, join us. Been a rough day an' we all could use a little companionship, I'd wager. By the Towers, ye look like ye swallered a bee. Don' worry, boy, ya did what ya thought was best. Now fergit it an' lets move forard here.[/sblock]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
By the time Lasair finishes her question, everybody is inside the inn. The innkeeper looks happy to have so many guests. "Aha! Greetings, ladies, I am Hen- Oh, by the Dog, are those two alright? Are there bandits on the road?" Jilsa and Jilna look at the man blankly, not understanding a word he says. They see his concern and turn to Lasair and Shadya to explain for them.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Yes, everything is fine. I thank you for your concern, but you need not worry Henno Baithadag. The bandits have been taken care of. As has the local ogre infestation. Kurghaz over there killed the ogre--" she points to Kurghaz, "These two here are River Folk. They don't speak Common."

[SBLOCK=Sylvan]"There is no cause for worry. He was wondering if there was a bandit attack, but I told him it was fine."[/SBLOCK]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
"Hen- Henno Baithadag?" He gives Lasair a confused smile. "I am Hendrik Gellmann. I'm glad to hear that there are still brave people like you keeping the roads safe. Good, eh... Good sir Kurgahz, I believe your deeds warrant another free drink and a meal to go with it! Ladies, would you like to lay your... er, your burdens down in a room? I take it you'll be staying the night, since you're certainly not going anywhere with those two like that. It's five silver a bed, more if you want your own room."

Remove ads