A Sojourn in Sairundan [Judge: Manzanita]

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Hurray for ziivash rolls!)

"I pity you, old man. I pity your burning hatred for Shadya and the smouldering embers directed to everyone else in this world. Are you not lonely with only yourself and contempt for all others? I have been alone once...the world is a dire place for one who has only herself and no one else to care for her. Tell me, would you not be happier if you had companions, or at least a friendly relation with your neighbours? What could cause such hatred?"

(OOC: He seems Unfriendly. Lasair will use Diplomacy to try to get him up to Indifferent--Friendly if she's lucky)

AGFlynn

First Post
Cludge Slatefist, Fighter 3 (HP:34 AC:15)

A little startled by Lasair's candour, Cludge edes up to her elbow, ready to make a grab for Irid in case things turn ugly.

OOC: He'll do his best to appear menacing, and is prepared to make an intimidate check if it helps Lasair. In case it works alongside her diplomacy check, here it is: 18

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Irid stares at Lasair with a look of utter surprise. "I, eh... er... How- You- Eh, that is..." At a loss for words, his expression turns to amazement, then a smirk. "Ye're a clever little girl, ye know that?" He waves his hand dismissively, "Meh, I've been alone a long time. Think nothin' of it, I'm just... I miss home, I s'pose, and I'll never be back. These Sairundan, they're too carefree an' lighthearted, they don't know what hardship is. The deserts to the east, those are true deserts. That's where real men are forged. Not these windy plains. Eh, er... no offense, you." He glances pointedly at Shadya and nods his head, but his words don't quite ring true.

He looks surprised at himself, that he's divulged so much. "Eh, I don't mean to chatter on. Look, ye're hard workin' individuals... all right, yeah, I got empty barrels downstairs. One o' ye help me bring it up, and it's yours for two crowns."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I am afraid I am not so clever, but it is true that I can see into men's hearts..."

"The deserts to the east...that is my home as well. A harsh place where the weak do not survive. Though you must be of some tribe from elsewhere in the desert, beyond the Great Barrier. You can never return either, just like me...are you also alant then?"

*Lasair also glances at Conuld to see if the wizard is satisfied with the barrel deal.*

Phoenix8008

First Post
Not noticing or caring much about the small talk, Kurgahz follows the practical side of the conversation. "If the price is right by the others, then I'll carry the barrel upstairs for ya." he offers before cracking his large knuckles loudly.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Irid nods, takes the money, and guides Kurgahz downstairs. The cellar is small but refreshingly cool, and there's a small basin with a spigot in the wall above it. There are several barrels, some are filled with water, most are empty. Kurgahz easily hefts the 15 gallon barrel upstairs.

Irid accepts money for his rooms, and he chats, reservedly but amiably, with the group. Lasair seems to have won the crotchety old man over..

-8sp for inn stay
-2gp for the barrel

The next morning, it's time to head out once again, only this time into the desert.

OOC: Okay, it's been a long time coming, but we're finally in the Sairundani desert. I think it's time to say goodbye to the 4 J's, and Iets have a schedule of travel times.

Trouvere

Explorer
"I fear many of my arcane spells will be needed to cope with conditions in the desert," says Conuld in the morning. "Here is what I propose - if conditions prove harsh, then each morning I shall prepare the abjuration which I learned in Antreil for myself and Cludge, and perhaps for Kurgahz too. Those protected should comfortably withstand the heat of the desert day or the chill of the night. For today, I shall test the spell on myself only, but shall leave room in my mind to prepare it once more if it should prove necessary. If not, I shall prepare a different spell once we begin to see how we cope with the travel. It will take me only a quarter of an hour."[sblock=Spells prepared](0) Light; Ray of Frost; Ghost Sound (DC 14); Message; Prestidigitation
(1) Enlarge Person (DC 14); Endure Elements; Color Spray (DC 15); empty slot
(2) extended Mage Armor; Cat's Grace; Scorching Ray
[/sblock]OOC: leaving 1 empty slot, to be filled with Magic Missile or another Endure Elements, depending on the weather.

Remove ads