A Sojourn in Sairundan [Judge: Manzanita]

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Lasair nods and breathes a slight sigh of relief. She had no idea what the spell was, so she had been afraid he was going to fly away into the mist or something.*

*Lasair is ready to continue.*

Last edited:

Phoenix8008

First Post
Kurgahz stays on Scar as he reads the signpost. "They sure do know how ta make somebody curious, don't they?", he mutters to himself. "But we got a schedule to keep, so I guess we better keep going right? Hey Conuld, watcha looking at?"

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
[sblock=Conuld: ]The city before you turns totally blue as soon as you cast the spell to detect magic. Magic is, as you suspected, everywhere. As you turn about slowly, the auras become more distinct and you notice subtle shades of indigo and cerulean, revealing the auras' schools of magic.

All around you, everywhere, two spells are active. One is a strong abjuration effect, present especially in the mists, the other is a moderate... well, you can't quite put your finger on it.

On the road behind you and in this plaza only, there are three weak auras on the pavement: one enchantment and two transmutation effects. The enchantment aura seems to cancel out the unidentified moderate aura; both are quite subdued on the paved areas. The second transmutation effect seems to wear off around the edges of the pavement, where the road looks most worn and weathered by age.

The road before you, beyond the wooden sign, has none of the weak auras.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Trouvere

Explorer
"The city is wreathed in magical effects," announces Conuld. "It is beautiful, like gazing on the ocean. The mists themselves glow. I think you ought to know that upon the road, there is an aura of enchantment magic - about which unfortunately I know little - which is somehow acting as a barrier to a stronger magical effect spread throughout the city. I do not know what this is. I hope it is not a necromantic aura. Beyond this square, the roadway is nothing more than it appears. I confess I do not know what this means."
[sblock=OOC]Could Conuld manage any DC 20+level Spellcraft (+11) checks to identify any of the active spells?[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Then it sounds like bad magic will effect us should we head off into the city, and the path will keep us safe. I know very little of magic, but Elise told me that this Enchantment is similar to Telepathy. If this is so, then it is a peaceful, gentle sort of magic. Since all caravans to Sairundan must need pass through here safely, we should trust the magic and follow the road."

*Lasair, as before, is hoping to continue. It seems most of the others are in agreement that straying from the path is not the wisest course of action right now, so she's ready to get out of thise place.*

Trouvere

Explorer
Rae ArdGaoth said:
Yes, he could manage it. Are they separate checks from the check to determine the school?
OOC: Yes, I think so. DC 15+level to identify school, a different DC 20+level check to identify the spell. No action, no retry. I would suppose if you've failed to identify the school, then you can't identify the spell. That's only logical.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Indeed. It's mainly of use for those darned invisible lingering spell effects. Of course sometimes, when the spell has an obvious trademark visible effect like Guards and Wards or Prismatic Wall, Spellcraft is less necessary if the caster has at least heard of the spell before.)

Remove ads