• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Song of Fire and Ice pantheon?

Uruush

First Post
I have tried to google for this, and I'm not finding them all browsing through the books either. Can anyone tell me who the 7 deities of the Faith were?
Thanks.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
I believe they go like this:

The Mother, the Father, the Smith, the Crone, The Warrior, and that's all I can remember off hand.

Uruush

First Post
Hypersmurf said:
And the Maiden.

Try this page.

You need to improve your Google skills ;)

-Hyp.

That is always true. I maybe didn't keep at it long enough. Thank you all. I am trying to come up with a homebrew pantheon that is a little different from the standard nine based on the D&D alignment mechanic, and I wanted to know what the 7 were from ASOFAI as reference.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
They are just aspects that people equate to stages in life and occasionally occupations. Me I prefer the nameless gods of the North. They are more fun. :)

Uruush

First Post
Nightfall said:
They are just aspects that people equate to stages in life and occasionally occupations. Me I prefer the nameless gods of the North. They are more fun. :)

They are cool. I thought while reading the series that in a D&D version of the books, the devotees of the old gods would be druids, with clerics being for the 7 gods of the Faith.

Let's see now...

Mother: Healing, Home, Water
Father: Law, Sun, Air
Smith: Forge, Fire, Earth
Crone: Oracle, Inspiration, Truth
Warrior: War, Strength, Protection
Stranger: Travel, Trickery, Chaos
Maiden: Good, Luck, Beauty

Some domains from The Book of the Righteous. Something like that...

SteelDraco

First Post
ConnorSB said:
What about Rhellor, the Sun God? I'm thinking he would be Fire, Law, and maybe Destruction. And maybe good.
There are quite a few pantheons running around in SoIaF. R'hllor (I always assumed it was pronounced as rell (rhyming with well)-orr (like what you extract metal from)) isn't part of the main pantheon of Westeros. He's from over the ocean, IIRC. The Free Cities, I think.

If you're interested in the pantheon of SoIaF, check out...
http://www.westeros.org/Citadel/Concordance/Concordance12a.html#12.3.
and http://www.westeros.org/Citadel/Concordance/Concordance02c.html#2.4.
Regarding alignment, I wouldn't say good, but can't really explain without spoilers, if you haven't finished the books yet. So read on if you're done.

I really don't think that R'hllor is good at all, unless the lady with Stannis isn't really a priestess of him at all. At most, he really encourages a lot of questionable acts in his name - look at all the horrible things that the Red Lady has done. That sure looks like black magic to me. As the god of flames and shadow, there's a lot of leeway for what his alignment is. I certainly wouldn't call the Red Lady anything even vaguely resembling good.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads