• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A song of Ice and Fire.

Teflon Billy

Explorer
Dr. Strangemonkey said:
Not so, it's sucktitude was totally overwhelmed by the awesome factor of the included Martin novella/chapter from the next book.

That was a very good read. Changes nothig about the fact that the setting they presented was done crappily.

Teflon Billy

Explorer
Ironclad said:
You say this like it's a bad thing...

Well, that's for each individual to decide.

What's not for each individual to decide is if it's behaviour fitting a Paladin.

Or if Stannis could heal the sick.

Olive

Explorer
Teflon Billy said:
That was a very good read. Changes nothig about the fact that the setting they presented was done crappily.

I agree it was pretty bad, but the point was that they were trying to shoehorn it into a DnD system as is, without changes. There weren't a lot of options for them to do this, and given that that was their aim, I don't think they did that badly.

It was just kind of a dumb aim.

arscott

First Post
It might very well be worse. Gaurdians of Order has been know to shoehorn the d20 sytem itself to fit into their tri-stat rules.

Teflon Billy

Explorer
arscott said:
It might very well be worse. Gaurdians of Order has been know to shoehorn the d20 sytem itself to fit into their tri-stat rules.

But none of them have been worse than the Dragon treatement of Westeros.

Drakmar

Explorer
I ran a successful game in a world that I based heavily on the books. I changed names and a whole bunch of other things. But I had the basics there.. basically an identical map with some minor mods and new names.

worked wonders.. gave me the freedom to tailor it more to the players and not have continuity or so on on my mind.. plus no one has written books about my version of the world.

Teflon Billy said:
But none of them have been worse than the Dragon treatement of Westeros.

If nothing else I plan on buying the GoO edition as a reference guide to the books.

Personally I'm thinking of running it as a sort of Kung Fu game using Weapons of the Gods, but I know that that personally is at the front of the sentence for a reason so I'm not going to suggest anyone else take me up on the idea.

Gwaihir

Explorer
More Datails

Drakmar

I'm intrigued.
Could you post more details?
How well do you feel you captured the feel of the books?

Teflon Billy

Explorer
Dr. Strangemonkey said:
If nothing else I plan on buying the GoO edition as a reference guide to the books.

Personally I'm thinking of running it as a sort of Kung Fu game using Weapons of the Gods, but I know that that personally is at the front of the sentence for a reason so I'm not going to suggest anyone else take me up on the idea.

LOL

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads