• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Star Wars question for all out there Wiser in the Force than I

William drake

First Post
ok...watching the movie the other day, ya know, the first of the new ones. Anways, they talked about the Jedi Trials....but I've no idea what these are, and what exactly are the requirements...or the tests involved. SO, I'm asking. If you know, tell me, and list how a Jedi movies from becoming just a knight, to a Master, then to one of the Masters that oversee the entire order.

thanks

Game ON

Rykion

Explorer
I don't think the trials have ever been precisely defined, and they vary by individual padawans. Building your own lightsaber is either part of the trials or one of the last steps before the trials. The canidate is then tested on their abilites with the force, and their understanding of the Jedi Codes. The final part of the trials is a solo mission. The padawan has to accomplish it in a Jedi-like manner. Luke's final trial was confronting Vader.

kenobi65

First Post
Make it to 7th level in the Jedi class.

(Well, that's how it works in the RPG...)

I'm not sure it's ever been exactly defined. It does seem to be something that is not precisely formalized...the Battle of Naboo seems to have served as it for Obi-Wan.

kenobi65 said:
Make it to 7th level in the Jedi class.

(Well, that's how it works in the RPG...)

I'm not sure it's ever been exactly defined. It does seem to be something that is not precisely formalized...the Battle of Naboo seems to have served as it for Obi-Wan.
I think it's kind of de-facto standard that defeating a powerful dark sider in single combat is enough to prove a Padawan is ready to be a full Jedi. It appears that the whole point of the trials is as a "graduation test" for Jedi, something that is moot when the galaxy is at war and Jedi are proven through their actions in the field, not through . I'd say that any Star Wars campaign worth it's salt would provide plenty of challenges for a Jedi PC before they hit 7th level to substitute for the Jedi Trials.

Obi Wan defeated Darth Maul, Luke defeated Darth Vader, and Anakin defeated Asajj Ventress. There was even a discussion of this in the Clone Wars TV series that the horrors of the Clone Wars and all he'd done personally would be enough to substitute for the Jedi Trials. I can't remember the episode, but Obi Wan actually lists off the various trials at one point, and how all he had done would be enough to be far greater than the challenges of those trials.

Darth K'Trava

First Post
From what we saw with Obi-Wan, it was a test of where he was faced with a forked path ahead of him, light and dark. And the actions he then took would put him down one path or the other. He had the opportunity to go Sith and take down Maul with sheer anger but he chose to be patient and wait for the more opportune, Jedi-like, way to take down Maul without resorting to anger (anger being one of the proponents of the Dark Side). It was a test of his will. The will to make the right choice instead of a hasty one.

Remove ads